Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't like the MIDI's they are way off. I heard that there is a program that will extract sound and FMVs. Basically I want to download FF9 soundtrack from the PSX game CD itself. How do I? where do I download that certian file?? Finally what about the FF8 soundtrack? I like the Ragnorak theme.....

·
Registered
462 Posts
You could use the PC version of the game. I remember that there was a utility that let you play back each song in FF8 PC. With the full custom FF8 DLS sample set (included in the game), it sounds almost exactly like the PSX music.

·
Registered
171 Posts
so, Particleman, final fantasy 9 has already gone out in the PC!!!
he was asking for FF9 not FF8!!

and mecharmor23 have u tried PSMPlay???

if not download it from www.psxemu.com

don't know if it will work but give it a shot!!!

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
We already had this tread previously. I can't find it again though. Anyways Psmplay didn't work (Tried it). The only song that you can obtain is "Melodies of Life" from the final FMV. Either Download mp3s of the song or as Neojag had suggested use soundfonts (if you have a SB live) to improve the midis.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Its better 4 u to download the osv, xtracting from cd give a LOT of work. I donwloaded the whole FF7 soundtrack (and i have a 56 kbps connection).
Wait a minute and ill tell u the site (or someone else does)

·
Registered
462 Posts
"Finally what about the FF8 soundtrack?"

I know there is no PC of FF9, but he also asked about 8, so I helped where I could. Anyways I think PSMPlay is only for Movies not music.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
yup, but it can't xtract music from FF cds. guess we the fellas w/ low connections really have to download or buy it :(

but psmplay rulezz!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.