Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how could we (normal users of the emu's epsxe , adripsx ...) be more help to the emu's developers so that the development process goes faster and better?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
do not post the same thread in different forums. the other was deleted. this is your first warning.

the one thing you can do is not bother them :p
let them do their work. it wont go any faster than it is. you just hafta wait. if they think you can help, theyll let you know, like roor did.

C

·
0 Posts
It's good that you have the eagerness to help, but author's would rather get help when they ask for it, rather than have people asking them all the time if they can help in any way.

The best thing to do is just be supportive ;)

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
i do understand your point.
there really isnt anything you can do other then let them do their work. right now, epsxe is working on known compatability issues. i doubt that you would have anything to contribute to that that isnt known already.

S

·
0 Posts
Mr2000jp, we understand that you want to help and that is a very nice idea. But, the best way to do that is to be patient and understanding about the legnth of time between each release. That is the best help that you can give. Also, if you encounter problems and post about them, where the authors can see them, that is a big help too, because then the authors are aware of certain problems and can turn their attention to them. But to actually try to help them solve problems or code, well, really only they know how to do that. Trying to fill some one in, would just take to much of their time and would delay the releases even further. So, there are many other ways to help and I think it was good of you to bring this up. Take care.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
168 Posts
what about a massive collabartive emulation effort to emulate the PS2.. We could make everything open source on a propietary program which evaluates diffrent versions of the code and... uh ... anyone interested.....

·
Registered
230 Posts
I wonder... if you had an open source emulator going on ...everyones sharing...yeah what fun....then one person finally gets one to work....YEAH.....then they will all fight over who should get credit for what and who did more and on and on....but hey in an ideal workd that idea would rock ! :)

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
That was what the plugins were all about.
If you're a developer, but not that big, you can code some plugins.
I kinda did something similar with a small project years ago (not emu), seperating the UI and engine. It works.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
noooo... not emus too
i hate skins. it's such a girly thing; unneccessary waste of resources for cosmetic purpose.

now before ppl start flaming me, i'm just saying it's inappropriate for programs that need to optimize performance, such as emulators. you keep your skins on your winamps, ok?

K

·
0 Posts
I think skins would be cool ... except how often and for how long do you see the gui? ... then again I could make some killer ones ... hmm well how about themed sites .... you choose the skin for the site design from a list of choices ... ahh yeah what a great idea ... :idea:

I could make this happen ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts