Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how can ngemu survive?

I mean, this is a great site but, i saw a lot of great sites that died because they had low rates banner-clicking, or because they were cutted because of without real money.

One example was 3dfiles.com, that was a good site to see the gaming news. It died.

good sites are dying. Anyone remember plasticman? It died.

I hope this will never happend to ngemu.com:(

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
NGemu/PSXEmu is alive for quite a long time, and it doesn't seem that it will die. Bobbi is a great webmaster, and if anything happens, I'm pretty sure a LOT of members will be ready to help to keep NGEmu alive. Look at Zophar's Domain , for example. It's alive since 1996, and it has changed webmaster, but there's always someone ready to help and continue the job(hope you never leave us, Bobbi)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Actually, there's still a large amount of visitors coming to NGEmu each day without being a member. We still get banner views from those, which is what our host, ztnet, requires. The banner at the boards is not from our host, but is used to pay the costs for other things, such as the vBulletin license, the new server we're planning to move to, and other cool stuff coming up ;) And of course, your support is invaluable :)

.. as for Zophar's, it really isn't what it used to be for a long time now..

·
Registered
190 Posts
i despise banners, but we were luck enough to have a banner free host... good considering we shift 10gb/day.
anyhow, its nice to see ngemu up and running, and it is worth registering just to avoid the bloody popups =)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
If NGemu , someday needed suport every single member , would be happy to help ! Ngemu won't die ! At least for 10 years .

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
I hope until the human race survives NGEMU survives too.Its too good a thing to die out.May be it will continue to develop and turn out into something even better but still I would never like to hear such painful opinions again.
It hurts even thinking about living without NGEMU.(May be I said just too much)

B

·
0 Posts
Well, that's actually an easy thing if you think a bit ... like you already correctly noticed, banner clicks are low, and this caused several major sites to go down.

Now imagine you're a hosting company, and several of your best paying sites shut down ... which possibilities do you have ? Exactly, you have to lower the prices. This action took nearly 10 months to take place, but prices are a hell lot lower now.

As for our future, we're currently making more money than we need for the server, and that's great as everything we additional make goes to our host, which kept up a lot of sites during the past months, which wouldn't be able to stay alive otherwise (hello lev :))

And we hope it'll become even better ... during november or latestly early december, NGEmu will jump on a new server, where we should be able to use an amazing amount of bandwidth. This will allow us to offer our hosted sites banner free hosting if it doesn't fit into their design or whatever - of course we'll still appreciate it when they keep the banners on, but it's their choice. Furthermore, we should be able to play "fileserver" for some big emus which currently go down after every second release, and add some very cool feature (no clue what features we could do ? Well, imagine when you could go to our page, click on plugins pack, and the server would build you a plugins pack with the latest versions, exactly made for your PC configuration ! It could even make a complete installer right away with your favorite emu and plugins... the possibilities are endless)

Furthermore do I hope that some costs I'm currently paying myself (some examples ? I ... re-newed aldostools.com today : 15$ ... bought a vBulletin license 4 weeks ago : 85$ ... renewed psxemu.com early august : 15$ ... got a host for (secret) : 10$/month ... have bots to take care of our IRC channel : 20$ / month ... you get the picture I guess) will pay back as well in the first quarter of the next year ... if not, I guess I'd also survive this, as NGEmu is one of my favorite hobbies right now, and it should remain this with all the visitors supporting us !

404: shut up :rofl:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeap that´s good hearing this.

I´ve became very sad when i knew that plasticman was over.

And there is also a lot of people that start to make a good website and stops, letting it abandoned. But i see hope in NGEMU.com

And i see that you use PHP/MYSQL = Free.

Well, that´s a hope even for me a student of Computer Science that it is starting to learn PHP.

I remember when i was 12, I always wanted to play SONIC, but my father hated video games, and I was never able to get one. When i discovered emu world, i could get back my memories.

Hey 404... Can I buy your soul?:D

:D :D :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Originally posted by Bobbi
... re-newed aldostools.com today : 15$ ... bought a vBulletin license 4 weeks ago : 85$ ... renewed psxemu.com early august : 15$ ... got a host for (secret) : 10$/month ... have bots to take care of our IRC channel : 20$ / month ...
I miss something like "The fun of running NGEmu: priceless. For everything else, there's Mastercard." ;)

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
hmmmm

priceless... :D

Indeed many good informative sites have gone down...but looky here...Bobbi and the gang made a brilliant transition from PSXEMU to NGemu... Nice job

In most cases webmasters can do things to keep there site going..even with poor funding....but if that webmaster loses interest...well thats a big reason for a site to go down.
Good news is that Bobbi has made it clear that this is his favorite hobby....so no worries...

S

·
0 Posts
404, Satanism isn't funny, AT ALL! At least not to me it isn't. I believe in God (Jesus) and I also believe in Satan. Satan is pure evil and he does not play around. I won't try to stop you as others, including Bobbi, don't seem to mind, but I will give you these words of warning. Beware the evil one, the great deceiver, the father of all lies and the prince of evil. If you mock him, he will come, if you call upon his name he will come. Beware.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
146 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
404, Satanism isn't funny, AT ALL! At least not to me it isn't. I believe in God (Jesus) and I also believe in Satan. Satan is pure evil and he does not play around. I won't try to stop you as others, including Bobbi, don't seem to mind, but I will give you these words of warning. Beware the evil one, the great deceiver, the father of all lies and the prince of evil. If you mock him, he will come, if you call upon his name he will come. Beware.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
Amen! Your avatar isn't too funny either 404! You should find something else.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts