Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
>btw, what the hell does the x in psx stand for??
Huzzah! Quite some time ago a friend of mine (one of the girls I mentioned in the "Female Emu Pop." thread) and I wondered just that. It seems that when the PSX was originally introduced it was called the "Playstation eXtreme." No guff, as Wayne would say. Hehe, at long last I can use that info for the betterment of humanity ;)

>Good question, now what does the X in LAX stand for?
It's much the same case as the X in PSX, actually. "Los Angeles eXchange"

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
I had always thought it was Play Station eXperimental

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
In fact PSX was the name of the project,and PlayStation(PS)is the result of this project.
BTW,did you know that the PS2 is in fact the third PS? Coz in 1994 Sony teamed up with Nintendo to create a CDROM drive for the SNES,and the name for this drive was going to be PlayStation,but Nintendo gave it up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
And before anybody ask I REALY don't think it's possible to create a CD that a PSX can read without a Mod-Chip. Apparently PSX CD's have some boot information that just can't be read or burned using normal CDR drives.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The boot disc story is one of the oldest hoaxes on the PSX-backup scene. There are tons of different "boot discs" floating around out there, but none of them work. To make a CD that the PSX would boot would require a very special CD writer, and they're expensive enough that if you can afford one, you might as well just buy the games legitimately.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.