Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
You can use a program called isobuster available at www.isobuster.com . Insert the psx cd run the program then right click on the cd and extract. Name it with an iso extension. Hope that helps.
Don't forget to extract it raw. And did we mention it's free?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
Don't forget to extract it raw.
Thats right you shouldn't burn it till its already extracted. Get it? Burn...Raw. Oh you don't even care do you. fine I'll shut up now.

BTW, I can tell you what settings to use in CloneCD if you want me to.

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
PSX Protected CD

Use CloneCD
Read to Image
Read Subchannel Data from Data Tracks ON
Read Subchannel Data from Audio Tracks ON

Write with option
Don't repair subchanel data

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Actually, it sounded (to me) like he wanted to create ISO to work on the PSX, but thats just the way I see things... :p

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Well you can't use just an ISO on a PSX, you have to burn it to a CD. Good question, now what does the X in LAX stand for?

·
Registered
513 Posts
>btw, what the hell does the x in psx stand for??
Huzzah! Quite some time ago a friend of mine (one of the girls I mentioned in the "Female Emu Pop." thread) and I wondered just that. It seems that when the PSX was originally introduced it was called the "Playstation eXtreme." No guff, as Wayne would say. Hehe, at long last I can use that info for the betterment of humanity ;)

>Good question, now what does the X in LAX stand for?
It's much the same case as the X in PSX, actually. "Los Angeles eXchange"

·
100% emulated freak
1,028 Posts
I had always thought it was Play Station eXperimental

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
In fact PSX was the name of the project,and PlayStation(PS)is the result of this project.
BTW,did you know that the PS2 is in fact the third PS? Coz in 1994 Sony teamed up with Nintendo to create a CDROM drive for the SNES,and the name for this drive was going to be PlayStation,but Nintendo gave it up.

·
Registered
78 Posts
And before anybody ask I REALY don't think it's possible to create a CD that a PSX can read without a Mod-Chip. Apparently PSX CD's have some boot information that just can't be read or burned using normal CDR drives.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I've heard of a boot disc that lets you boot the bios then you put in your burned game, but I have no need for it, nor do I know where to find it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The boot disc story is one of the oldest hoaxes on the PSX-backup scene. There are tons of different "boot discs" floating around out there, but none of them work. To make a CD that the PSX would boot would require a very special CD writer, and they're expensive enough that if you can afford one, you might as well just buy the games legitimately.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
PSX CDs have a special "code" which consists of bad sectors on the CD, when the PSX trys to load a PSX game it looks for those bad sectors, if they are there it boots, if not, it doesn't

1 - 18 of 18 Posts