Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am completely clueless when it comes to this kind of thing. I attempted to copy and paste the battery file of the game into the ROM folder of VBA, but it didn't work. Can anyone provide assistance?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It depends on what game you are using in both VBA and no$gba because different ROMs have different save types (ex. SRAM, EEPROM, flash memory)

ex. for Super Mario Advance 4, I have to make sure no$gba uses "uncompressed" or "raw" save types for SAV/SNA File Format so that I can use them in VBA & VBA-M because VBA does not like "compressed" SAV files.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, very very old thread isn't it?

I am using nogba v 3.0, pokemon LG and FR. Used to play in vba, copied raw files to nogba for stable trading. Nogba opened saves normally but compressed them when i save it. Now my saves are stuck in compressed form. Well, nogba itself is great. I really like the dark screenfilter, makas it look more... nostalgic i guess. I am gonna continue using it but i need raw files.

I change it to raw format in .ini but when i save the game it still saves as compressed 14K file instead of a raw 128K. Ini file stays as "raw" up until i "save" the emulator settings in options menu. Then it changes to "compressed". I am so confused

EDIT: I finally figured it out. Every source in the internet says "you need to change "compressed" to "raw"..." that is wrong. Why? Because my .ini file was like this "SAV/SNA File format == compressed (good/ lz)".

So if you have that, you should change "compressed (good/ lz)" to ONLY "Raw". No good/lz or any other weird term beside it.

Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts