how can I overclock, I don't see any options in the bios to overclock my cpu,

change voltage and such. If I cannot overclock with my bios is there a free

utility or program that I can download to overclock my cpu? Also can

someone link me to a non-malicious site where I can download RivaTuner for

nvidia Graphics cards. Thanks in advance :thumb:

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
you can't since emachines lock the bios and will not allow for overclocking.have you already checked the bios to see if it is locked?

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I think it's locked

Now that You mention about emachines an locking the bios, I
believe it is locked, Is there any way to bypass the lock, or a software side
overclocking program, since I can't do it through the bios.

It sucks that emachines locked the bios, Because rumor from other websites,
don't know, If it's true, Someone overclocked a 2.4 ghz celeron D to 3.7 gigahertz
without major overheating issues, a google search on celeron D overclocking
revealed those very interesting results.

If there is no way to overclock, Can someone point me in the direction of an online
retailer that deals in pc hardware, and has the best bang for the buck, A legit site,
As I don't want to get ripped off, too worried about Identity theft, and credit
card numbers getting stolen. Thank You. :thumb:

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Xtreme2damax said:
:hdbash: Now that You mention about emachines an locking the bios, I

believe it is locked, Is there any way to bypass the lock, or a software side

overclocking program, since I can't do it through the bios. It sucks that

emachines locked the bios, Because rumor from other websites, I don't know

if it's true, That Someone overclocked a 2.4 ghz celeron D to 3.7 gigahertz

revealed those very interesting results. If there is no way to overclock, Can

someone point me in the direction of an online retailer that deals in pc

hardware, and has the best bang for the buck, A legit site, As I don't want to

get ripped off, too worried about Identity theft, and credit card numbers

getting stolen. Thank You. :thumb:
Before I am going to read what you just have written, please edit your post so that it won't hurt our eyes. Please just type as everyone else around here, thank you.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If it's true, Someone overclocked a 2.4 ghz celeron D to 3.7 gigahertz
revealed those very interesting results.
That is highly suspect. But then again, it is a fact that everything you read on the internet is true. Including that statement.

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't saying it was true

aperson said:
That is highly suspect. But then again, it is a fact that everything you read on the internet is true. Including that statement.
I wasn't saying it was true, It could likely be true, and it could likely not be. I was Just stating something I read, not implementing If it was true. Maybe someone else here knows whether if It's true or not.

But back to my original question, Is there a free Software side overclocking utility, since the bios is obviosly locked and cannot do it from there, that will allow me to overclock my cpu, or am I doomed at a lousy 2.66 ghz till I build my ultimate gaming machine sometime in the future?

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank's ka0s

Thank You very much I'll check it out on Newegg, I can probably use my existing emachines Atx case, at the cost of a new motherboard and power-Supply, Processor, And OS disc of windows xp, If I have to scrap my Hard drives.

Now Another question, Is there and can you fit an nforce4 sli motherboard in an ATX Case, And will I still be able to use my existing 7200 rpm IDE ATA Hard drives With a Mobo With Sata Raid controller, or will I have to scrap them at the cost of my data?

Also (sorry this is the last question), What Motherboard, Processor and, case would you all reccomend that is top of the line and high quality, Thanks. :thumb:

·
カラム
365 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you

Yeah Amd was my first choice For my next gaming pc, in fact my first one that I'm going to build, From what I hear from alot of people That Intels Suck,
And I believe it too, Because my Celeron D I believe Has problems with Overheating, My Case and psu, and processor fans Rev up constantly after 2 hours of gaming, even in the winter time. So I have the side of my case open with A fan blowing inside to keep everything cool. So that's Why I'm going to go AMD.

I was sort of inclined to wait to 2009 to build my ultimate Gaming Machine After Reading this thread :

http://forums.ngemu.com/hardware-di...elease-quad-core-cpu-within-next-year-so.html

But I don't know If thats A rumor Or if we will Have Quad and eight core cpus by 2009, I guess I'll just have to Wait And see. ;)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Clockgen is a software overclocking program:

http://www.cpuid.com/clockgen.php

Your mainboard has to be supported for it to work. EasyTune is another, but that works with Gigabyte boards.

Also, Celeron D's overclock well beceause they are based on 90nm Prescott cores and have low L2 cache, so 3.7GHz doesn't sound infeasible at all, when people are overclocking P4's to over 4GHz on air cooling/water.

·
カラム
365 Posts
But still, Celeron Ds will be slow no matter what clock you have it at.

·
Quad Core FTW!!!
778 Posts
On mobile processors you can change the speed on-the-fly I believe, however only with mobiles since they adjust their speed to save power on the laptop. I'm pretty sure I'm right. Someone confirm my statement :).

My friend had an old eMachine with a Celeron (it was advertised as 1 gig but was only running at 900mhz). I checked his BIOS and the sucker was locked. It could be the motherboard or the processor. Your better off building your own rig ;-).

Intel doesn't nessecarily "suck" when it comes to gaming. Intel is more into the server, mobile, and corporate business I believe.

·
カラム
365 Posts
Master Chief said:
Intel doesn't nessecarily "suck" when it comes to gaming. Intel is more into the server, mobile, and corporate business I believe.
That's why AMD is the Gamer's choice :thumb:.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.