Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I got to say first of all Pete has done a hell of a job on the plugin's, I mean I'm as well using all his plugin's from his GPU, SPU, and CD-R plugin, bravo man!
But I got to ask one small favor if you could hear me out. For your next release on your CD-R plugin could you add a "force reading option", meaning an option where in some parts of the game where it is loading, or in some parts it either pauses, or CD reading freezes, where it could undo all this mess and force the CD into reading it, in other words making the CD-drive wake-up.
I hope I'm not the only person out there with this problem, I mean hasn't anyone conflicted with some of these problems.
I got to admit Mdecs are going fine, gameplay also, and sound too (except speech, but that'll get fixed soon). But sometimes, when at that point when the CD-WRITER doesn't continue reading the disc, I go :confused: .
I hope you guy's hear me out, and tell me if an option like this be good on the next cd-r plugin, if it's O.K. with you Pete;) .

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
It sounds like a great idea. But I don't know if it would be possible to literally "force" a CD/CD Writer or DVD Rom Drive to read a PSX CD. It is amazing how well they do it now, considering that a PSX CD is something that they were never designed to read in the first palce. I think that when a Drive stops reading the CD or hangs while trying to read a PSX CD, that it means that the Drive has encountered some information that it simply cannot decipher. Trying to force it to read this information may cause problems. These are my thoughts on the matter. Pete, are you out there? Any ideas?:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Since were discussing CD problems here, my toshiba DVD dirve jams and freezes my computer when i put a certain music cd on it (The GIft - Film) altough it doesnt happen w/ my cd writer (HP 8200) or whit my friends drive.
Sorry 4 this being a little off-topic

·
Registered
513 Posts
>certain music cd on it
It doesn't happen to have any oddly-placed hidden tracks (in the negative section of the first track or something of that sort) or CD Extra, does it? With both of my drives any CD with a hidden track of the type I described or a CD with CD Extra madly spins then proceeds to just get spit back out.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
It doesnt have a multimedia part, but maybe it has those moon tracks u were talking :)
Im gonna rip it to MP3 using the burner, at least tha way i can listen to it on the pc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts