Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Srry if this seems kind of a dumb question, but i have been searching through lots of wii game files, all are extrememly different sizes, even for the same game, like SSBB for PAL i see 4 gb and 8 gb available, i dont know which are the ones that work for dolphin. I am hoping to know which ones are real and which ones dont work so i dont waste time retrieving it. Basicaly my question is for SSBB PAL what is the filesize for the those of you playing it.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
a proper dump from your console and disc should read 4,699,979,776 bytes for a single layer disc. Obviously SSBB is a dual layer disc so it should not be reading this size for the file, if it is, then it is either a faulty dump on your behalf, you have used wii scrubber to reduce the file size or you are looking at rather nefarious sources for game images.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
buy the disc and have fun...
You are not being helpful. If you don't want to help then don't post here, man.

You should notice a disc like this: 4,699,979,776 bytes for a single layer disc. Yeah, snickothemule is right.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Sooo... you want advice on what "wii game files" are better to play with Dolphin so you don't waste bandwidth "retrieving" them? The only correct size you could get is the one from your dumped discs (4,699,979,776 for single layer). There's no "extrememly different sizes", unless you are, of course, pirating (like a SSBB 4G/8G version).

·
Registered
449 Posts
Wait a minute guys...Just wait. This is something that has never been asked before. Is it really illegal to play a game that you own...PHYSICALLY...on a emulator when you don´t own the console? I don´t believe this has been answered. It is obvious that you can´t play roms you didn´t dump yourself. But if you have the game, but not the console. Then what? Is it the same? Technically, that means i´m not allowed to play my Gamecube games on my Wii if i didn´t have an actual Gamecube. YES, i know that Gamecube on Wii isn´t emulated, it is written in the BIOS, so it runs in GC hardware mode, because the architecture is very similar to the original GC. I KNOW. I´m just saying. Besides, Wii is not a GC, even though you can play GC games on it. If it were, they would have called it a *****ing GC.

DISCLAIMER: If you bash me, then i have the right to call you an idiot (Or ANYTHING else i want). You are giving me that right if you bash me. That means that if you bash me and i respond back, maybe in a rude manner, then you can NOT report me, because you read this, and you know what is going to happen if you bash me. I´m not really serious, i´m just trying to get adjusted to the buttons on my new keyboard.;) If you thought i was serious...You are an idiot:lol:

·
Registered
836 Posts
yes it is illegal. becaues u do not own right to use the firmware if u dont own the console. just like in pcsx2 it has bios you have to get that from your own system to use the emulator. i think that making the masterkey required to play wii games should be brought back aswell it just opens up another door for pirates.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
yes it is illegal. becaues u do not own right to use the firmware if u dont own the console. just like in pcsx2 it has bios you have to get that from your own system to use the emulator. i think that making the masterkey required to play wii games should be brought back aswell it just opens up another door for pirates.
That does not apply in this case. The "bios" as you refer to (or "firmware") is not required like in the case of PS2. One could go out, buy a game, dump it and play it on Dolphin. It IS legal to do that. The masterkey for the Wii is a simple AES key. Nintendo cannot copyright a key... (at least not yet :lol:)

However, we do not encourage piracy. The simple fact of asking if he should get the 4GB or 8GB version is enough to know that we're talking about downloading here. So I'm going to close this thread.

Finally I still think emulation does not beat the console experience. But that's a personal opinion...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.