Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many time did people come to these forums asking what they shoud upgrade (CPU or videocard)?
How many time did people come to the se forums asking what detonators are best for them?
How many times did people come to these foruns asking what emu runs the game ????? fastest?

Well my idea is to make some benchmarks with :
1. emulators
2. plugins
3. different pc specs

I hope you can see my idea .... :rolleyes:
My plan is to make a webpage, hopefully with some help of the psxemu staff (if you could suply the web space it would be great), where, istead of benchmarking video cards in Quake and 3dmark as i know you should be more than tired of seeing....instead let's try something new, something that matters to the people that come here, benchmark pc specs but in emulators....and maybe, if you will be willing to help, take the chance to benchmark plugins and emulators.
That way, every time a new version of an emu or plugin comes out we could benchmark it and give our opinion, that way it would be a very useful page, what do you say?
This is a very time- takin' project that's why i am here asking for your help ( well.... that reason and the fact i only have 1 computer to test).For now i am looking for support for this idea, if you think its worth, then i will try my best to make it happen.. :yawn:

S

·
0 Posts
Very good and useful idea, GEO. I would be glad to help w/benchmarking. Like Ryos said, go ask Bobbi about it.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

C

·
0 Posts
It would be useful for those wishing to see Different Emulators performance, but as for helping to make a decision to buy a new CPU/Video Card, or the question of which Drivers offer the best performance, it's no different than any other Graphical benchmark...not to mention it's more time-consuming...

But, a page that compared different emulators in speed on multiple systems, that's updated as plugins/emus are updated could be a good, even great idea, if implemented properly...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, then... thanks for your support..We will make this happen!
I have e-mailed some people that i think that are vital to this project...
If all goes well in a few days i will post here the e-mail where you should direct your own benchmarks, the terms and conditions to apply and the necessary requirements. :yawn:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry people..... i have e-mailed Bobbi, and sent him a private message trought this forum...he didn't reply to any...seems like he's not interested....or he hadn't the time to see it yet...
Other staff that i wanted to help me are not available and i don't have much time at the moment so.......anyone that wants to make this site..... be my guest... i hope you do a great job....if nobody wants to make it, i will probably do it.... next year.
thanks... :(

B

·
0 Posts
Hey GEO,

of course I recived both your private message and your mail, as well did I read through this thread. Excuse me for not replying, but my current free time, which is already rare enough, also gets taken up by problems in my job and the increasing amount of time my private life takes.

In general, I think this is a very cool idea as many people could actually use it - but like you already noticed yourself I guess, it's another thing that requires lots of time - time we currently don't have. But on the other hand, we'll hire new staff for our next project soon anyway, maybe one of them will take that idea and make it reality. We'll of course credit you properly when we do that.

Thanks for your suggestion and everyones comments, they're greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
How do you benchmark with a PSX emulator, i am currently a member of the madonion community and benchmark using 3dmark2001 all the time, just wondering how you could do that with a PSX emulators and have enough results to help people, the 3dmarks comparasion database contains thousands of results from many many users and therefore gives a good representation of performance between hardware, with PSX emulators having even more variable such as GPU , SPU CD-ROM plugins and a smaller community i think it might be a little hard to do, even so if it does happen i will gladly participate.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks bobbi for replying.... (that means a lot to me) the summer is almost here and with that more free time..so who knows? :)
Thanks! :yawn:

to czb182:
i am glad you and others are interested...if this goes trough, it will need all the support it can get!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts