Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems most people care about RE remake and zero than 2 and 3.
I was wondering if there was any revision that runs 2 and 3 perfectly.

I know that ps emulator is fine but GC version has better graphic even if I crank up the graphic setting in ps emulator so I want to run it in dolphin.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thats what Im interested about too. RE2 is my fav game, but I cant find GC version anywhere...

Can someone with a RE2 copy try the game on Dolphin, and provide some screenshots?

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
I have RE2 for the Gamecube and have played a few minutes of it on Dolphin...

I'll see about posting some shots in a while here..

Resident Evil 3 has broken graphics with the OGL plugin, graphics are somewhat correct with the DX9 plugin..

The game is not only glitchy graphics wise in Dolphin, but also suffers from audio skipping or not playing in some instances...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tnx Xtreme2damax :)

About the screenshots, when you do them, could you post it in fullscreen and max resolution please? I (and presume others) want to compare its graphics to other versions of RE2... Tnx again :)

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
Sorry I'm a bit late, I suppose it's better late than never.. :p

Here are a few screens for comparisons...

I'll post some full screen shots at max resolution for my monitor later on.. :)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tnx dude, you are the man :)

Well, from what I see, character models have a bit better graphics (main char, zombies etc..) then the PSX version, but backgrounds are the same resolution as on every other RE2 port, and since Dolphin doesnt have advanced graphic settings like PSX emulator, it cant filter backgrounds so they are really pixelated. Not to mention the framerate, since I see that with multiple zombies on screen, it goes down to 20fps.
So, for everyone out there who is wondering about playing game on Dolphin, IMHO its not worth of it, better use ePSXe and psx copy of the game...

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Or the PC port with AA,AF set to max, i like better the caracters in the PC port the faces dont have distortions.

·
Registered
76 Posts
As for XP, its playable you just have to set the compatibility mode for win 95 or 98, im not sure, and it will work. But as for Vista, I dont know. Never tried it.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Works on both system, though you also need media player runing in the background. And yes its 640X480 but with AA & AF set at max you dont really notice in fullscreen, anyway its a matter of preference since like i said i dont like emulating the ps one version cause of the face distortions.

·
Mr. Technological
5,933 Posts
Yeah the framerate drops 10+ frames per second in some scened on my Core2Duo E8500 PC for a PS1 quality game..

These random slowdowns really need to be fixed along with the many graphical issues that still remain with Dolphin...

There's no reason a PS1 quality game should be experiencing slowdowns like this, especially when many better looking Gamecube and Wii games have quite decent performance with barely any slowdowns..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Works on both system, though you also need media player runing in the background. And yes its 640X480 but with AA & AF set at max you dont really notice in fullscreen, anyway its a matter of preference since like i said i dont like emulating the ps one version cause of the face distortions.
YES, that's the word I was looking for, face distortions.
Like I said, no matter how much I crank up the graphic in PSX emulator, GC version looks much better due to face distortion problem in PSX version.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Yeah the framerate drops 10+ frames per second in some scened on my Core2Duo E8500 PC for a PS1 quality game..

These random slowdowns really need to be fixed along with the many graphical issues that still remain with Dolphin...

There's no reason a PS1 quality game should be experiencing slowdowns like this, especially when many better looking Gamecube and Wii games have quite decent performance with barely any slowdowns..
I think that's because there's no idle skipping.
Patching the idle loop would bring it to full speed i guess.

·
!
6,312 Posts
from what i saw,there's no difference between Ps and GC versions,and as strike said,Pc version is awesome than ps,and specially the Platinum version.and i still waiting to see Re3 Gc version,Xtreme2damax do you have it?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
RE 2 is now working VERY well on Revs 2600+ (Just make sure to untick the TP Bloom Hack).

Pics running in 1080p, 25fps is full speed for this game.;)
and how did u make it run in 1080p?? is there a graphic option like that in dolphin???
BTW, I can run RE2 with 25~30 FPS = playable
But RE3 is running at 15~22 FPS = unplayable with my spec.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts