Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With ePSXe 1.4.0 + Cyberpad on the horizon, I would think we're all getting ready for some online PSX emulating!

But then the first question is: with whom?

Certainly we all have friends, but chances are they don't appreciate PSX emu as much as we do (see I'm a "freak"). So it'd be REALLY nice if this community somehow transforms from discussion only to actually beating the crap out of each other, err, in the game :D

Obviously that can happen if PSXemu.com can host a game matching service!

I know I know, I might be talking too early. Maybe the site has to add a lot of stuff to accomplish that, and maybe Cyberpad will need to implement some special feature, and maybe not that many people are interested, etc etc.
So right now I'm just bringing this up to see what you guys think of the idea :cool:

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
That's a pretty good idea,it would be great to have a competition with guys from the forums,but it wouldn't need much space to be done since you don't need a server to play coz you're directly linked with the one you're playing.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
:D I like.

C

·
0 Posts
Without some sort of centralized connection-esque stuff, that would be rather hard to co-ordinate, unless CyberPad could automatically list your game on a remote page, with the hostname/IP and port...

Who knows..

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by CDBuRnOuT
Without some sort of centralized connection-esque stuff, that would be rather hard to co-ordinate, unless CyberPad could automatically list your game on a remote page, with the hostname/IP and port...

Who knows..
Could use a message system like a dedicated forum or something where people announce connection/desired games to play/private message for connection information. Not automated nor efficient, but it would work.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Dare i say... the dreaded ICQ, or MSN Messenger... ew.... or alo... *puke*...

For some reason, i dont like any of thoes programs... but i belive that they could make cordnating games easier...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone tried playing with this Cyberpad plugin yet??
I can't try it since I'm still stucked with a 56k connection (hehehe).!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts