Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! I need your help with some recommendations. :3

I want to know what kind of games you can recommend me that are horror and rpg for the PSP.

This is the list that I already have:

Obscure:The Aftermath (SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!:mad:)
Tales of the World (Better than I expected)
Disgea (Have not played it yet but it looks like fun)
Silent Hill: Origins (One of my favorite Silent Hill games!)

Please help me find good horror and rpg games for my PSP!

And a small side note...I wouldn't mind getting horror and rpg game recommendations for my PC either. So if you have any ideas for any of those, please let me know. :3

Thanks guys! :thumb:

EDIT: SINCE I DON'T WANT TO MAKE A NEW THREAD AGAIN, can you guys give me rpg and horror recommendations for the PS3?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
Persona 3: PSP <- I don't think this one is available yet, but it's supposed to be a lot like Persona 3: FES on PS2. (currently playing it and yes, I recommend it) So for now, keep an eye out for it.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Why not ask for recommendations for 360 games? I'm sure there are many games for that platform which would interest you.

·
Unlimited...
6,434 Posts
As for RPGs

Tales of Eternia

Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

Brave Story: New Traveler

Crimson Gem Saga

Star Ocean: Second Evolution

Star Ocean: First Departure

Yggdra Union

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

Riviera: The Promised Land

Half-Minute Hero

Disgaea

Disgaea 2

Persona

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
Oh! You can also look at PS1 games like Resident Evil 1 and 2, Chrono Cross, FF Series, Legend of Dragoon...

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
I think an rpg with fuzzy animals would be to your liking.

Or a scary game with fuzzy animals

am i wrong? :p

if not (luigi's haunted mansion?)

·
Finger of Doom
823 Posts
As for RPGs
Tales of Eternia
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth

Brave Story: New Traveler
Crimson Gem Saga
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
Star Ocean: First Departure

Yggdra Union
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Riviera: The Promised Land
Half-Minute Hero
Disgaea
Disgaea 2
Persona
You, sir, have just gained my full respect. And no, sorry. I don't have a PSP, so I can't recommend anything. Except ports/remakes of older games. So here goes:

Breath of Fire III
Final Fantasy I&II(so long as you haven't played any of their 5000 versions, they are good)
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim

Also, be on the lookout for Lunar: Harmony of Silver Star, as it's a remake of Lunar: Silver Star for the SegaCD(it already had two remakes, the first being Silver Star Story for PS1, and the second being Lunar Legends for GBA. The GBA version sucked, the others are awesome).

Also, Tales of Phantasia, Destiny 2 and Rebirth got PSP ports, but none of them is in English, sadly.

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Why not ask for recommendations for 360 games? I'm sure there are many games for that platform which would interest you.
Because my little brothers think the 360 is just theirs and play it 24/7. It's pretty pathetic. My friend last december bought me a game for the 360. I was so excited to play it. Do you want to know how far I got in the game? Well it's halfway thru october so....um...2 hours. My brothers suck. There's so many games i want to play with the 360.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! :D I can't wait to see what Resident Evil will be like when it comes out to the PSP in a bit.

Masta, I have been playing Playstation 1 games, and a lot of them are in that list. Thank you for suggesting them to me.

I think I will play Half Life and F.E.A.R. on my PC.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Horror... hmm.. You seen/like any of the Saw movies?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw_(video_game))
I've never played it... may be worth a shot though.

"This allowed Konami to pick up the publishing rights for the game only a few weeks later. The game, under control of Konami, was redesigned to be a spiritual successor to Konami's other survival horror franchise, Silent Hill. The game had not been drastically changed due to the change of publisher, but Konami had contributed significant input into the development stages of the project. Konami plans to make Saw its next big survival horror franchise, although no plans for a sequel have been discussed.[10]"

Heh..

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Because my little brothers think the 360 is just theirs and play it 24/7. It's pretty pathetic. My friend last december bought me a game for the 360. I was so excited to play it. Do you want to know how far I got in the game? Well it's halfway thru october so....um...2 hours. My brothers suck. There's so many games i want to play with the 360.

Thank you for the suggestions everyone! :D I can't wait to see what Resident Evil will be like when it comes out to the PSP in a bit.

Masta, I have been playing Playstation 1 games, and a lot of them are in that list. Thank you for suggesting them to me.

I think I will play Half Life and F.E.A.R. on my PC.
If you don't mind FPS, then Stalker - Shadow of Chernobyl (for PC :doh:) has quite a few creeps and scares, and the requirements aren't at all high either.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Too high for her. We already checked.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I don't remember but they are very very low, for instance only PS2 no PS3 which invalidates almost all modern games.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
I ran it on this config 2 years ago:

- Pentium 4 2.53GHz
- 512MB DDR RAM
- GeForce FX5500 256MB

Game was barely managing to maintain 25-30fps on low settings (minimum settings means you can't use the flash-light, which makes certain portions of the game almost impossible to complete); resolution was 1024x768.

She might have a chance....

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.