Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Before anyone asks, yes I did run a search for this before. I didn't come up with anything that helped me.

I've just recently realised how much better it is to play PSX games on my PC. The only game I have is Final Fantasy Tactics, and the only problem I have is the sound - it's incredibly choppy and bad. Quite unbearable, actually.
I've messed around a lot with various settings and changing plugins, but nothing seems to help.

I have tried the following sound plugins: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41, Eternal SPU Plugin Lite 1.41, P.E.Op.S. Dsound Audio Driver, Pete's Dsound Audio Driver.

Neither of them makes any difference. The problem remains exactly the same with all of them, even after tinkering with various settings.

I also copied my GPU config, in case that might have something to do with it:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.75
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce3/AGP/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: off
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 200

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 2
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: on
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: on
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: on [00000080]

I would appreciate any assistance I might get on this matter. I'm dying to start playing.

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
You should try some of the more advanced emulators, like epsxe, psxeven or pcsx (in order of preference), you'll probably get better results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. It works much better using the epsxe emulator. It's not perfect, but I'm sure some configuring will take care of that.

Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts