Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I'd just like to say "hi". I just discovered Playstation emulation and all I have to say is "this is the greatest thing EVER!!" I still remember the night I stumbled across NES emulation, which is probably the greatest moment in my inner-child's life. I worked my way up the console generations, but I stopped at the 16-bit age - never even bothered to see if anything post-Saturn was possible. Well, long story short, the other day a friend told me about ePSXe and I had to see it to believe it! Holy crap! This is the most awesome thing ever, and I really must thank your site for making my education in next-gen emulation quick and easy. Great site and great message boards!

p.s. I'm sure you'll be seeing a LOT of me :)

·
Registered
608 Posts
Welcome aboard. Yup, I can relate to your amazement when I first discovered NES emulation. I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy 3 Japanese version was the first ever emulated game I played; I was truly moved ;)

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,979 Posts
haha, well you're a little late to the party, PSX emulation has been around for a long time :p

well...tbh so was i, i found out about PSX emulation in April 2003 and when i saw a friend playing FF7 i was like "dude, you gotta be kidding me, PSX emulation?? no way!!" what a lam0r i was (as anyone around emuforums in mid 2003 can tell ya ;) )

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, you know what they say - "better late than never" :). The reason why I didn't even bother to look into was, I remember way back when I first started getting into emulation I thought "oow, let me see if there are any Saturn emulators out there! A lot of cool Saturn games never made it stateside..." but I found there were really no functional ones. Some, like, theoretical ones, but that's about it. I also remember looking for N64 emulators, and although I found a few, I could only get one or two games up and running. I figured they weren't ripe yet, so I just moved on. My thinking was, if PS emulation ever became a firm reality, there would be freakin' billboards all over the place, news headlines, and I couldn't possibly miss it :)

Anyway, let me say how suprised I am at how great these games have held up. I know it hasn't been too-too long since they were released, but they look amazing with all the extras on when compared to how they look on a PS or PS2, and they are still insanely fun to play! I just got finished playing MGS for the first time since it came out, and I'm like "who needs Twin Snakes" :)

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
welcome to the board matey! yer gonna like it a lot (use the save state as cheat option ;))... though there won't be anymore release for PS emulation, lets anticipate the PS2 emu to come :)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Quatro said:
welcome to the board matey! yer gonna like it a lot (use the save state as cheat option ;))... though there won't be anymore release for PS emulation,
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa oO ?!?!?! no more release? no update to ePSXe?? :cry: that can't be truth :cry: ...

Anyway welcome to ngemu forums :)

·
On Stand-by
759 Posts
Maybe he hates your face lol :joke:

·
"Insert witty title here"
1,049 Posts
Hi. I must say, emulation is indeed a very sweet thing. The first emulator I ever used was No-Cash Gameboy on my old 386 with 4 MB RAM :D. Ran like magic. I've even began programming my own Gameboy emulator, though it's still crap right now compared to others :p. Programming one is difficult, but can be alot of fun :).

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
I remember when I was introduced to emulation....to ZSNES....I didn't know what roms were, or anything about copyright infringemnet and all that....I thought it was just a special project someone had done...it wasn't till a couple years later I actually found out that there where emulators for other platforms to....and then I found out about the next gen emu's....and here I am ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts