Next Generation Emulation banner

Is Hollywood getting worse ?

• Yes there worse then ever...

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • No it doesent seem to be like that ...

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I DONT CARE...

Votes: 3 15.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is it just me or does hollywood keps trowing more & more bad movies ?
I mean if DB Evolution wasnt bad enough (and i heard they disscussing about making a sequel oO ), now they made this: Street Fighter The Legend of Chun Lee. The most obvious flaw in this movie would be Chun Lee being some white chick, i mean wt... SHE is Asian Chinesse even the name is clearly chinesse, oh and to not forget about Vega being played by an asian in this movie, when its clear to almost everyone who knows SF that he is Spanish .... (btw there disscussing about making a sequel for this to)

And there are other bad movies but i'm not digging anymore in this, what is stupid is the fact that there always where also bad movies coming from hollywood but at least those didnt get advertising as these titles...

So whats your opinion is Hollywood getting worse or not ?

·
band
4,912 Posts
I don't think movie quality is particularly in any kind of downward trend. For instance, we have the Dark Knight, and Changling was a good movie for fans of slow movies. I date a movie buff, and my friend's landlord lady is a movie buff...and despite having different tastes, neither one have expressed any particular discontent at the movies of recent years.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I aint saying they dont make good movies anymore, i quite enjoyed Underworld rise of the Lycans for example, but it seems there starting to promote more and more bad movies, i mean if the movie isnt received well by the public why even think about making a sequel ? oO

·
band
4,912 Posts
For one thing, I hope you realize that public reception does not correlate to quality. Often times, its quite the opposite.

For me, I think that in the past, there have been plenty of bad movies. Its just that when one thinks of the past, its more likely that one will remember the good movies rather than the bad ones.

As a side note, I believe that the same analysis can often be applied to comparisons of the past to the present when talking about various other things too, such as games, life in general, etc.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yeah, I pretty much agree with strike105x. To me there is a kind of downward trend. I think more bad movies come out than good ones. But then I think it's the same for TV too. I think the whole standard of entertainment drops slowly, becoming more and more lame, maybe so slowly that you barely notice it happening.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hollywood has always sucked, at any given time there are only a few diamonds in the rough. It's the same for any other media. Though admittingly it does seem like they're putting less effort into their work. From what I've seen, the people behind the Dragonball movie don't seem very familiar with the source material, I'm pretty sure they're just trying to make money off of the name. Same for Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li. I just hope that Watchmen will be good.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Yeah, I pretty much agree with strike105x. To me there is a kind of downward trend. I think more bad movies come out than good ones. But then I think it's the same for TV too. I think the whole standard of entertainment drops slowly, becoming more and more lame, maybe so slowly that you barely notice it happening.
There's more variety now... Sadly, variety includes more ****ty films. But overall, yes, Hollywood still produces some amazing films... And in total, I do believe there are more good films then there were before (much like everything else nowadays though, one must do a bit of rummaging to find the brilliance from within the heaps of crap).

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Dark Knight was a load of horse****. Just because Ledgers dead now doesn't mean you all have to keep lieing and saying its a good movie. because it isn't.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Dark Knight was a load of horse****. Just because Ledgers dead now doesn't mean you all have to keep lieing and saying its a good movie. because it isn't.
I didn't think it was completely horrible, pretty good for a superhero movie and amazing if you compare it to other BATMAN movies... Like Batman & Robin!:lol: But still, its not "that" good like some idiots keep hypeing, especially ledger... he was good in his role but nothing epic.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Agreed, I'd quite like it if they'd stop turning comics into movies, because it just taints the comic.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
<==Dedicated IFC aficionado. Screw your Hollywood, I'll watch one if I hear it's decent but beyond that; enjoy your theater.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The most obvious flaw in this movie would be Chun Lee being some white chick, i mean wt... SHE is Asian Chinesse even the name is clearly chinesse
Next time you make a statement like that, do some research. Kristen Kreuk's father is Dutch, her mother is Chinese. Plus, she's Canadian, she's hot, and I think she fits the role very nicely.

Kristin Kreuk - Biography

and Holy CRAP! She's exactly 1-week older than me! :drool:

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
after LOTR swept the awards in 03, every movie and his momma gunned for 3 film franchises......disregarding the fact that Peter Jackson spent 7 years to make the LOTR trilogy.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Lord of the Rings

BEST FILM ADAPTION EVER.

too bad he followed up with that Crappy kong movie.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Yes. Peter Jacksin NAILED the concept right on the head. After the trilogy came out, i reread the books 3 times in a row

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lord of the Rings was truly a masterpiece they've outdone themselfs with that trilogy

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Well, LOTR is the exception that defines the rule!:lol: I agree it is awesome, but they did make it carefully taking a long time and lot of money. Unlike what I believe many producers are doing now and are constantly pushing the time limits and minimizing the budget and then try paying for critics to hype the movie to heavens for maximum sales on first night and what's the result... Pure grade A hollywood BS!

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Production quality is getting higher and higher as well as skyrocketing costs to produce these films. After watching some documentaries about the film making process for some of the bigger film releases (Iron Man, Incredible Hulk) and seeing the amount of work gone into the production side is incredibly mind boggling. What also stands out in my mind with these two films is that the lead actors were heavily involved with the whole process and I believe that in turn it allowed them to invest more into the character and deliver some great performances.

Which I don't think can be said about a few other actors, especially of the action genre, as Hollywood keeps on producing pretty boy actors (Shia Labouf) who are about as convincing as an action hero as was Bill Clinton denying sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky. It's worse when you look at leading ladies, as typically T&A is taking priority over quality acting.

That is not to say that there aren't any good actors in hollywood, far from it, it is just that the selection for the blockbuster heroes are catering too much for the MTV generation of insipid stupids. TV programs seem to be doing alright though (Lie to Me and the American Life on Mars programs are good examples of fine casting).

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Well, LOTR is the exception that defines the rule!:lol: I agree it is awesome, but they did make it carefully taking a long time and lot of money. Unlike what I believe many producers are doing now and are constantly pushing the time limits and minimizing the budget and then try paying for critics to hype the movie to heavens for maximum sales on first night and what's the result... Pure grade A hollywood BS!
Just to demonstrate how totally bad @$$ LOTR was: My school was a preppy place, anime and fantasy was looked down upon. Basically a school full of stuck up rich kids. Well explain to me why HALF of the ENTIRE school (no joke, i'm not exaggerating, my teachers commented on it) left at 12 noon to see the first non mid night opening of The Return of the King. One of my preppy female friends said that even though she did not know what the hell was going on, she STILL enjoyed it. That's what i call an epic film.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts