Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK good try, but try not to release game-paks for games u can get on many other formats, I am not convinced that MGS will do as well purely 'cos it has been availiable on PC for ages. How about doin some Squaresoft games, it would be nice for the majority of the UK to see Xenogears or Parasite Eve or indeed ANY Square game on the DC..... Just an Opinion U understand...:cool:

·
Registered
513 Posts
>Just an Opinion U understand
And a pretty valid one, so far as I'm concerned. If Bleem! is having problems now, just wait until the makers of MGS either join forces with Sony or file a lawsuit on their own, claiming that Bleemcast! does nothing more than to dilute the market, given that it'll shy people away from the PC version of the game.

Granted, there's probably very few people that would play an illegally gotten copy on their DC, but as soon as a good many of these companies see people using their products in ways they didn't intend they're made to look unsavory by said company.

>Someone ask Squaresoft how to pronounce '!'
Though I don't know of Squaresoft's position on the issue, but according to Broderbund's Kid Pix (anyone remember that?) an exclimation point sounds like a banjo pluck.

·
Registered
345 Posts
>just wait until the makers of MGS either join forces with Sony or file a lawsuit on their own, claiming that Bleemcast! does nothing more than to dilute the market, given that it'll shy people away from the PC version of the game.

the thing is that more people might go out and buy the psx version of mgs. so i dont know if they'll file a lawsuit.

>there's probably very few people that would play an illegally gotten copy on their DC but as soon as a good many of these companies see people using their products in ways they didn't intend they're made to look unsavory by said company

its just as easy to play an illegal copy of the pc version and if you wanted, youcan use your copy of a game and do anything you want to it. (except copy and distribute those copies).

But then again, those arguments haven't stopped sony or nintendo from trying legal actions so why would they stop kanami?

·
Registered
513 Posts
That's more or less what I was saying. Regardless of the benefits that they could get from having Bleemcast! emulate their game, it's possible they'll be rather illogical and claim that it's somehow hurting their company.

·
Registered
345 Posts
It might hurt their company if they dont file a lawsuit
Sony might tell them that they cant make games on their systems if they dont join the fight against emulation

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by cluthu
Broderbund's Kid Pix (anyone remember that?) an exclimation point sounds like a banjo pluck.
Yep I got it with my sb16. Its currently resides in the box on top of the wardrobe along with my copy of myst, windows 3.0 and ms-dos 6. Memories:p

S

·
0 Posts
I knid of doubt that Konami would file a lawsuit. Most software companies don't bother to unless it really hurts their sales. I also doubt that Konami would team up with or allow themselves to be intimidated by Sony, because most software companies do not want to be told what to do by Console manufactuers. NEC proved this when they tod Nintendo that, just because they had allowed a game to be made a starring Bonk the Caveman (then their trademark character) for the Nintendo 8 bit system, Bonk still belonged to them and Nintendo could not tell them that they couldn't port Bonk to other systems. They threatned to pull Nintendos rights to the Bonk games and Nintendo backed down, as they should have.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh, memories of old games and legalities

Anyone remember The Great Giana Sisters, Got that on my A500 somewhere.....:rolleyes:

S

·
0 Posts
Very good example. Exactally what I was getting at. Thanks for bringing it up.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Konami is too big a company to get pushed around by Sony. If anything, they'd just go over to the GameCube or - which would really annoy Sony - the X-Box. On the other hand, if games from smaller companies - say Working Designs, which hates bleem anyway - worked on bleemcast, you'd probably have another litigant filing against bleem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts