Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I just managed to compile Cxbx and I'm trying to understand how all this stuff is working.

I just wondered why my triangle application compiled with the newest XDK wasn't working. It seems that there is no emulation layer for this version of the XDK.
But what does this code in those files do exactly? Is it just the redirection of the calls to the Windows kernel itself which originally end inside the XBox kernel? From where did you take the code and how did you create them?

edit:
Never mind! Just got the idea ;)
You are only identifying subroutines with these offset-value pairs to redirect them afterwards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
hle : hight level emulation here you can read more click here
Thanks!

in cxbx home page i got the xdk for the compilations, in many pages are xdk but trust better in caustik page, well all this is funtions system to system
The XBox XDK? I don't think so. This would be illegal ;) But sure, there are ways to get it.
You mean the cxbx source, right? I've got the source from the cxbx SVN trunk.

are you a good dev?
I would say so as a computer science student ;)
Unfortunately I've got several projects to do right now, so I don't really have the time to work on cxbx right now. I just wanted to have a look inside the source to get an idea how it works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The newest: 5933

Sadly, there is no emulation layer for it yet.
At first I wondered why an easy colored triangle wasn't working in the emulator and then I looked around in the sources and found that there is no data for the 5933 XDK :(

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts
The newest: 5933

Sadly, there is no emulation layer for it yet.
At first I wondered why an easy colored triangle wasn't working in the emulator and then I looked around in the sources and found that there is no data for the 5933 XDK :(
From what I was told, 5933 is basically the same as 5849 in most areas. You can easily just use it as an alias (the same way 4928 is seen as 4627). IIRC you can do this in EmuHLEDataBase.cpp. My build already does this, but it's been a while since I've had a chance to work on it though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.