Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Rescently iv been having alot of HL2 problems during gameplay, iv had times where it unexpectedly would freeze during loading. the last issue was the weirdness. After it froze, All i heard My HD do was endlessly beep. It took alot of effort to boot back into windows too. I think it came close to killing my hd. either that or the games just sucking up all my ram causing my computer to freeze. i noteced on the system specs it recomended 512mb which is what i have. what else could be causing hl2 to freeze my pc?

·
Registered
175 Posts
my first thoughts of your problem could be the DVD-rom drive which reads the disk, if you have 2 readers i would try the other drive.

Second thought is spyware, download ad-aware from lavasoft (search google adaware)

if not then i havent a clue.. but if everything else works fine then it aint ur ram thats for sure.

I do get problems with HL2, such as purple haze in the windows at times.. and when i join a server sometimes it can momentarily freeze for around 10 secs then come back.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay... after you install the game you do know that u dont need the discs at all to run the game right? its ran right off the drive

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
Well no, there's a Securom protection for the retail version of HL2.
The disk has to be in the drive if you want to play it.

I say do a complete scandisk of your drive for bad sectors.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
didamangi said:
Well no, there's a Securom protection for the retail version of HL2.
The disk has to be in the drive if you want to play it.

I say do a complete scandisk of your drive for bad sectors.
iv been running it without the disc :) its an actual retail copy too.

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
Actually, me too :D

I've got the ce edition, can't wait for the new daemon tools to show up ;)

Anyway, about your problem, try deleting the clientregistry.blob on your steam folder and restart steam.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts