Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah Nikk's Next3D . typo . Well its rather a experiment .it all depends on the settings you can fit the bloom in some games it looks great. Also it adapts too the screen . ENB series offers Motion Blur , Depth of field but Psx emulator dsn't have Z buffor soo basicly only bloom effect , texture effects and the custom color pallete effects are working for now. But if Nikks could rewrite his plugin it could surly fake effect like motion blur with ENB.

Try it out.
download it ENB Series Home
And unpack in the epsxe folder. If you made it correctly it should start the game with a green sign on left top corrner.

·
.:Enigmatic Protagonist:.
2,283 Posts
Well, I'm a little bit confused about what/not to download, any suggestions :/

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Oh, now I remember that ENB thing. I was about to try it for some old games of mine.

So it's like a Dx9 hook? Sadly, I never liked that Next3D plugin much.
Well, at least it's something to tryout until there's multipass on Pete's OGL2.

Now, which is the one that gotta be used? Since I don't want to download them all. =_="

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
ENB series plugin is not really made for PS1 games. The "bloomy" effect is too pronounced. However, for PC games like GTA San Andreas for example, it works like a charm...There are others games compatible with the plugin but for GTA, that is pretty impressive.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hi again. For all those persons that wan't to try it out here is a tutorial with prepared files for you. And for all those persons that say Its a Fail or something just Chill its and experiment I just wanted to share with you what i found out. and looking on what effects are posible with ENB serries in general plugin developers should really concider making directx9 based plugins with modifications soo they can implement a pipeline to fake effects like Motion Blur , SSAO filtering , Depth of field and many in too Epsxe.
HOW TO INSTAL IT:

First download this : 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download ENBEspxe.rar
2.After Unpacking drop the enbseries.ini and both d3d9.dll in the main Epsxe folder.
3.The files in the plugin folder go intoo the Plugins folder in epsxe .. enbpallte folder is just a folder with some of my custom palletes for color / saturation etc changes.

4. Now start any game using Next3d plugin. After its loaded you should see this:

You turn it on and off using Shift + F12.

Ok the most important thing. To setup the FX value simply open the enbseries.ini with note pad. Than go too this website where it is a simple tutorial on how to change the parrameters for your needs. ENBSeries Documentation

Last thing. If you wan't too use a custom pallete (enbpalette.bmp) just drop the main Epsxe folder. Thats all you need. Btw one thing I noticed it works better with Gforce cards I have some isues with this game.
Sorry for my bad grama its my third language and hope you enjoy it or basicly understand that I just wanted to share it with true emu fans and ngemu community is the best place too do it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Checked on my C2D 1.67Ghz/2GB Ram/Radeon 2600 laptop. Games - Gran Turismo 2 and Resident Evil 2. I must say that bloom effect is very nice, especially in RE, but:
-Nik's plugin is useless due to large incompability, many artifacts and max. resolution of 1024x768
-emulation goes a lot slower than with Pete's OGL2 with even most advanced shaders
-many effects apart bloom cannot be used with psx gfx instructions (tbh, only bloom works fine:p)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.