Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can run Half-life 2 with all on max so....hopefully ff10 too?

4gigs of ram, AMD phenom 9100e Quad-core 1.8, 640GB HDD, ATI Radeon HD 3200, Windows vista 64-bit Home Premium with SP1 and i'm using a Samsung 24'' monitor....thanks again! ;)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. Just try it out.

FF10 is one of the "friendlier" PS2 games that runs well even on relatively underpowered systems. Just remember to download the latest version of PCSX2 (currently 0.9.6) and turn on some speedhacks/frame skipping if the game is running poorly with the default settings.

·
MUAHAHA
42 Posts
You should be able to run ffx with no issuses. make sure if your playing the pal version of the game that you run the latest pcsx2 beta. there is a crash fix that will really help you out. (the beta is 1190). also just a reminder that you may have to limit your fps if your cpu renders the game too fast. if you do customize the frame limit to 60 fps>skip frams if slower than 50fps> skip 1 frame and run 3 consecutive frames. i have a core i7 920 and have to limit the frames because my processor runs the game at 150+ fps. which changes all of the dialog to mice. causing the game to be funny sounding but unenjoyable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should be able to run ffx with no issuses. make sure if your playing the pal version of the game that you run the latest pcsx2 beta. there is a crash fix that will really help you out. (the beta is 1190). also just a reminder that you may have to limit your fps if your cpu renders the game too fast. if you do customize the frame limit to 60 fps>skip frams if slower than 50fps> skip 1 frame and run 3 consecutive frames. i have a core i7 920 and have to limit the frames because my processor runs the game at 150+ fps. which changes all of the dialog to mice. causing the game to be funny sounding but unenjoyable.
Thanks a lot! Now I just gotta figure out where to download everything! I'm new to ps2 emulation...is help too much to ask?

·
Join the Dark Side!!
266 Posts
I guess? google the processor:) and I've always been interested in overclocking but... no idea how to do it / : Thanks again!
If you're interested in OC, you need to know very few things before you even try it, you can damage your HW if you aren't sure what are you doing.

Also you need a "compatible" HW for OC like a mobo that let you play with the voltages, etc.

With your current settings your CPU and VGA will hold it down the performance of PCSX2, OC the CPU around 2.5GHz will help you with the fps, but still many games will be slow.

Also PCSX2 doesn't benefit with quad cores, only uses 2, and that's the cause why PCSX2 recommend dual cores over the quads.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you're interested in OC, you need to know very few things before you even try it, you can damage your HW if you aren't sure what are you doing.

Also you need a "compatible" HW for OC like a mobo that let you play with the voltages, etc.

With your current settings your CPU and VGA will hold it down the performance of PCSX2, OC the CPU around 2.5GHz will help you with the fps, but still many games will be slow.

Also PCSX2 doesn't benefit with quad cores, only uses 2, and that's the cause why PCSX2 recommend dual cores over the quads.
First I have to change the power supply, my comp only cost me 428$ in best buy rofl...not a bad deal tho but it did come with 300watt PS :(

Other than that, I'm downloading FFX.PAL file and I already got the 0.9.6 version of the emulator so....I'll post here the results before changing the hardware.

And as I said at first, I run a HD game, Half life 2, with all on max and its at 40 FPS in open enviroments...very playable...

·
The Master of Disguise
808 Posts
First I have to change the power supply, my comp only cost me 428$ in best buy rofl...not a bad deal tho but it did come with 300watt PS :(

Other than that, I'm downloading FFX.PAL file and I already got the 0.9.6 version of the emulator so....I'll post here the results before changing the hardware.

And as I said at first, I run a HD game, Half life 2, with all on max and its at 40 FPS in open enviroments...very playable...
*sigh* NGEMU doesn't tolerate piracy, Read the official rules before posting again.

http://forums.ngemu.com/751350-post2.html

·
MUAHAHA
42 Posts
thats a good question. i would still call it piracy. because that is not your copy of ffx.pal. you can use nero or any other program to copy an image of the dvd to your hardrive if you have the cd.

ps. i know you said you have0.9.6, but make sure you use the beta 1190. your going to hit some really hard graphical issues with ffx.pal. and the problems were fixed in the beta. the first one is at djose temple when you exit the temple.

if you dont use the beta then you will not be able to get past this part.

good luck.... and good game choice!

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Its illegal regardless. if you already have the game THEN RIP IT TO YOUR COMPUTER

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
>.> actually, that was the garden master party..... Cid was never too into rules....

·
Registered
176 Posts
You're gonna get a strike if you keep it, and possibly get your account erased, and POSSIBLY a banhammer. So, stop it.

Rip the game or get out.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.