Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking of getting a hi-md player now rather than an IPOD? is this a good move. im thinking of getting the MZNHF800 model can anyone tell me if they have this what the sound quality is like and does it come with a recharible battery.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Get the iPod! I bought a Minidisc and while it was good, there was better. Now they have the Hi-MD's out that hold 1GB or so of songs. Why spend hard earned dollars on that when for the same price you ould get the 10GB iPod, or spend a little extra and get a 15 or 20GB model.

The smart move is with an iPod. HD based Music players are the way to go.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Not to mention sony is very anal about copy protection, they have stupid bloody restrictions built into their software, and it only supports wav/mp3/wma. Get the ipod, though i love my MD I would give it up for an Ipod in a heartbeat.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I'd go for the iPod too.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
>>and it only supports wav/mp3/wma. Get the ipod, though i love my MD I would give it up for an Ipod in a heartbeat.

Although you are right in one respect it actually is worse with the new MD's. You have to re-encode all your music files in their ATRAC format. Yea sounds bad huh? Well it is :p

IPod is definately your number one choice here. I love Sony, but their MD's are way overpriced IMO.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k but ipod sound quality
isnt that good is it. my current minidisc player has brill sound. im worried about getting the ipod and lossing sound quality. Plus hard drive based mp3 player will not last as long and are easy to damage. i could drop my mini disc player and it would not damage anything. with the ipod there is a change it could have damage the hard drive.... also ipods are bigger ... i dont know anymore :(

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Raiden01 said:
k but ipod sound quality
isnt that good is it. my current minidisc player has brill sound. im worried about getting the ipod and lossing sound quality. Plus hard drive based mp3 player will not last as long and are easy to damage. i could drop my mini disc player and it would not damage anything. with the ipod there is a change it could have damage the hard drive.... also ipods are bigger ... i dont know anymore :(
on the contrary, i heard the iPods are quite shock resistent.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I listened to some of my friends ipods (3 actualy) and they sound great. I can't hear any difference. Just make sure you get decent headphones ;) However the mp3 sounds on your computer it sounds basically the same on the iPod. :)

As for size, they aren't that big. They actually decreased the size and made it more durable with their new models. Plus if you want really small get an iPod mini. Those are really small. But pricy ;)

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have an Ipod 4th generation and the sound quality is the best. But i have everything on ACC at 320kbps so i never heard anything less with it.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
That's what's cool about an iPod. You don't really have to worry much about compressing your music and loosing quality, because there's tons of room :p

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I was watching the screen savers and they reviewd a whole slew of HD based mp3 players. There was one from Dell, the iPod and a Sony one that all made it to the top 3. The Sony one was very very expensive, the Dell one wasn't as good as the iPod but very close, and the Ipod was again the winner. The creative Zen is bigger than the iPod IIRC.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts