Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering why it didn't get included. According to the latest info from the company they were able to get the 8 Mb games to get work with suprahle. They said they might be able to get MOM to get playing. So i guess good news for voodoo card users :D

·
ItsNotMe
164 Posts
Not forgetting Daedalus too.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
For people with slow computers(like me), Corn and SupraHLE and TRWin are the only options. They all work fine, PJ and Nemu are too slow for me.

·
ItsNotMe
164 Posts
Originally posted by d33d
I've tried supra hle and daedalus, wtf can't i get em to work. NEMU and PJ are the best i've found.
Hmm, Daedalus works fine for me except that there has not been a new release for quite some time.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
StrmnNrmn is delaying his next release for some months, and besides, he lost some time in his moving(he moved to London or something like that)

·
Registered
158 Posts
new daedalus release today. although its only the source, i mean u can still use that like a binary or do u need to compile it?

daedalus is wkd, it has like the 2nd best vid plugin at the moment, and the new release should include it as a separate plugin compatible with zilmar specs.

oh and superHLE with expansion pak soounds good, doubt dominator will get too far as hes using hacks to update uihle. MoM is almost impossible to get truly compatible as its gonna take him like years to get flashram working. voodoo users can still play MoM, but pn pj64 using direct control.

B

·
0 Posts
An SupraHLE section is already prepared, and we're in steady contact with DominaTor to see, when the next release is coming, and it'll be launched right in time with that one.

·
Registered
158 Posts
daedalus deserves a forum more. that is the only other emu opther than nemu, that doesnt hav to use jabos D3d to hav a real big compat. list. strmnn nnm's soon to be zilmar spec plugin that is intergrated into 0.07 is real sweet, and im sure 0.08 will be years better.

·
Registered
965 Posts
There's already a Daedalus section..

SupraHLE really isn't an emu, it really doesn't deserve a dedicated section..

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
true i mean if then can pull of the part of maiking 8mb games to work hey i say they deserve some credits.....

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Originally posted by CD
And? It's a hack. Plain and simple.
Agreed.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
true again but a hack which was discontinued by the author. All they are doing it is re-modifying it to make it work better. thats called re-enginerring in terms of business my friend. You tend to take a previous work and thrive to make it better. As long it works better than the old ultrahle i dont have a problemw with it.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Me neither,but now that PJ64 is available(and running fast on my rig),I don't see why I should use SupraHLE(or even UltraHLE).

·
Registered
36 Posts
Supra HLE

Ice2hot : The 8MB hack hasn't been included in the version 1.1.0 since beta testers reported that it crashed on Win2K/XP & NT.
So I feel like I am gonna have to deal with those OS'es malicious memory management systems. Since Zelda MoM is not emulated yet (even tho' the current release applies the appropriated internal dlis to the game), I thought that it wasn't worth breaking compatibility.
Still, I will probably release a SDK with features allowing patchers to try new roms/patchs. Well this is just a project and it will depend on the requests I'll get for this. Quite a few persons may be interested in working on the Zelda MoM thingie.
Anyway, thanks for your support.

Now, I know that some emu users, here and there, don't appreciate the Supra Hle project and to tell you the truth .. I couldn't care less. RM doesn't disagree with it and it a major point there ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts