Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:dead: hey! someone knows how can I fix the slowness of psexe? I think it´s too slow! can anybody help me?

My PC runs with 64 MB of RAM., a 500 MHz processor

If you speak spanish look out my page here

·
(>^_^)> *KIRBY*
2,612 Posts
wut kind of plugin are u using?? if itz one of petes like opengl try pressing the button on the bottom left that says faster.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well this is my config.....

well it runs with pete's dirctx D3D plugin, config. window mode, 32-bit color,caching type 2 (dynamic),FPS limit, Auto detect FPS/Frameskip limit,makbit, Alpha multipass, hardware blended,standard offscreen drawing , Unfiltered framebuffer updates.

- sound:
Null2 SPU config.
Force VAG 48 Khz
enable tone cache
linear interpolation

-CD Rom:
Epsxe CDR ASPI core

with bios SCPH 1000 (before), SCPH 1001 (from today, Haven´t tested yet)

please, help me to solve my problem and thanks!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I think that's the problem right there.... most no-name video card *slows* down when you try and use a 3D plugin. Basically if your hardware does not support 3D acceleration, everything will be done in software, which slows it down. Try any of the software plugins, and see if the speed improves or not.

FYI, on my old computer (P200 with S3 Virge), all my games run *much* faster using software plugin... I call it a 3D-decelerator card :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Assuming you are running Windows 98, can't you simplay go into the Control Panel and look at Display to tell us what card drivers you have?

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you have low specs plus low end graphic card, try to minimal your config; RGB4 or 'FAST' mode. (Pete's GPU plugin).

If you still using socket 7 MMX -that would be a serious problem if u stick with built in video cards.

Why not to with VGS ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well .... here I go

I´m running win ME (yes, a serious problem), and a 500 MHz P3 processor, and onboard multimedia devices (stop laughing)

and i cannot play it on vgs, Why? I do not know, because when i had VGS on my win98 it worked wonderful, but when I upgraded to winME a lot of games stopped working.... can anyone help me with this too?:dead:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Re: well .... here I go

Originally posted by time killer
I´m running win ME (yes, a serious problem), and a 500 MHz P3 processor, and onboard multimedia devices (stop laughing)

and i cannot play it on vgs, Why? I do not know, because when i had VGS on my win98 it worked wonderful, but when I upgraded to winME a lot of games stopped working.... can anyone help me with this too?:dead:
Try running at 640x480x16bit with all the fastest options available on petes D3DDX6 plugin.... I'm assuming you have an intel810 ntegrated gfx card? Meaning you prolly have a sigmatel ac97 emulated sound card.... Use Ioris SPU to get it going faster...

Hope i helpd :D

PS: Ditch Windows ME

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
hola colega :p

I think you should try DX6D3D pete´s plugin cause is a little faster, in a fullscreen mode of 640x480 and color 16 bit texture quality: R5 G5 B5 A1,. frame buffer textures black and check color dittering, this would do a really great graphics and great speed, for sound I think Null´s is the sppedest mode, but if u want great sound try Iori´s spu 1.48 whit: sound buffer:15, xa buffer:48, enable all except high resolution and wait for xa buffer and take reverb checked to gray, and at least for cd rom take pete´s cdr 1.6 whit: caching mode:async read, well this works great whit my ancient k6-2 450

or if u want more speed try to upgrate ur video card this really works

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by SepHirotH OmEgA
hola colega :p

I think you should try DX6D3D pete´s plugin cause is a little faster, in a fullscreen mode of 640x480 and color 16 bit texture quality: R5 G5 B5 A1,. frame buffer textures black and check color dittering, this would do a really great graphics and great speed, for sound I think Null´s is the sppedest mode, but if u want great sound try Iori´s spu 1.48 whit: sound buffer:15, xa buffer:48, enable all except high resolution and wait for xa buffer and take reverb checked to gray, and at least for cd rom take pete´s cdr 1.6 whit: caching mode:async read, well this works great whit my ancient k6-2 450

or if u want more speed try to upgrate ur video card this really works
Yea, the reason that you should use the DX6 plugin is 'cause the i810 supports all DX6 features in hardware, instead of sw'in them in the DX7 plugin.... dont go near the opengl plugin tho', cause youll just get crashes....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aaaahhhhh, so it was.....

gracias colegas....
you really helped me to know what was the problem with the emu, although I have not fixed it yetr, but now I can reduce possibilities,so, what can I do with VGS, yes, because it is also a big (not as big as psexe) problem.......:confused:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ahhh, I forgot...

how can I change my member status? (the one that says for me "junior member", and for sephiroth omega says "emulation freak"):eyes:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Change your member status(title) by posting more. I forget all the different levels, but I think the first new status cahnge is at 50 posts(or was it 100?). Then it changes every couple hundred posts(ie: 200, 400, 600). Anyway you'll have to nail up 700 posts before you can specify your own custom title.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Guess I've got a couple more weeks to go for mine then eh? Hmm ... I need to step up my posting, it has been dropping off lately. Classes = no online or offline life!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys!

after all, I can now rest peacefully, but getting more than 100 posts is not easy, don´t you think so?:p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts