Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I'm new here and having a couple issues with NullDC. Sadly, I'm not too familiar with the program so some extra explaining is probably going to be required but if anyone here can help me it will be highly appreciated! =D Also, if it is needed, I use Vista.

1. Last night I was having some graphical issues with Sonic Adventure 2 that made the game just plain unbearable. I searched these beautimous forums and saw someone with a similar issue was told to try a 'new nullpvr' plugin. I added this plugin to the plugin's folder, selected it as I would any other plugin and, wuah-la, for every game I try to load with this plugin the screen is completely grey for the DreamCast logo and black for everything else. My question is, was this plugin legit? Is there any way to make it work? And is there any way to fix my Sonic Adventure 2 graphic problems?

2. I was playing the original Sonic Adventure and for the most part it was working great til the Ice Cap level. About midway through the level you have to avoid an oncoming snowball by snowboarding to safety. This is all well and good but for some reason NullDC can't load this chase. Sonic just stands still after the cutscene and the snowball rolls by through the camera. To put it simply, it can't load Sonic getting on the snowboard. Anything I can do to fix this?

3. I was attempting to play Jet Grind Radio, as I am a BIG fan of Jet Set Radio Future, however I could not get past the 'Yo-yo tutorial' because for some reason I can't complete the quick time event. Like a smart person, I do press down when it says to press down. Nothing happens. I sat there and just held down for about a minute. Once again, nothing happened. I even reset the emulation and tried again. Still nothing. I fear this is also going to happen when I attempt Shenmue. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Whoa wall of text. If someone here can help me out with any of these issues it will HIGHLY appreciated. Thanks in advance and thanks for reading!

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
System information would be quite helpful.

1.- You're probably using an Intel IGP then. So I think the file you need, is a custom vs_hlsl.fx. You can search for it on this forum.

2.- Does this happen with both common versions of the emulator? That is 1.0.0 Beta 1.6, and 1.0.3.

3.- Same as before, try both versions. Also, you're sure to have mapped the controller properly, right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
System information would be quite helpful.

1.- You're probably using an Intel IGP then. So I think the file you need, is a custom vs_hlsl.fx. You can search for it on this forum.

2.- Does this happen with both common versions of the emulator? That is 1.0.0 Beta 1.6, and 1.0.3.

3.- Same as before, try both versions. Also, you're sure to have mapped the controller properly, right?
1. http://forums.ngemu.com/nulldc-discussion/114543-gma900-950-crash-fix.html <-- Would that be the file your talking about? If so, how do I use it?

2. When I was using the 1.0.0 Beta 1.6 version it would give me that glitch. I just installed 1.0.3 and I can't honestly get the game to work right enough to get to that point and try it. It is very choppy, slow then fast, sound is off, and just overall messed up.

3. Lol yes I am positive the controller is mapped properly. I have even tried the keyboard input and I got nothing to work on the big tags, aka quicktime events. Apparently, I'm not the only one with this problem for I looked through the threads and someone reported it as a bug. People in the thread said it was unfixable. http://forums.ngemu.com/nulldc-discussion/88893-bug-report-jet-grind-radio.html One post in there states that it should work with the beta but it doesn't because that is where I originally had this problem and their are no issues with the controller's mapping that I am aware of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1.- Yeah that one. Just as the post says, replace the file on your nullDC folder with the attached one on the post.
I'm guessing I wasn't suppossed to do that with beta version for now the screen is all black, but luckily for me I have backs ups, lol. I did it was the 1.0.3 version and the 'new nullPVR' works great visually, thanks, but SA2 is still messed up sound wise, any ideas? I remember reading in a thread bout changing the Z-Buffer mode but that only seems to make it slower, what z-buffer should I use? Also, will this new nullPVR help with my SA1 glitch?

With Jet Grind Radio, you have to use nulldc 1.0.0 beta 1.6 and a analogue controller. I use a x360 controller and it works perfectly
Wow, it works. Thanks dude! Tell me, what combination of plugins do you use with it? It's a bit choppy on my end.

·
Time Lord
1,989 Posts
I use the same settings for all DC games and i have no issues. Thats a very strange glitch for sonic adventure, i have no idea why thats happening.
Strangest glitch i ever seen..I had to use a crappy motherboard after the one i had died and everytime i played Jet Grind Radio, Garam's head would be on the wrong way around

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the Sonic Adventure bug, right before reaching the area of the cutscene, disable Dynarec. You can do this by going to "Options", "NullDC settings", then unchecking "Enable Dynarec". It will be very laggy and jittery, but it will get you through the cutscene. After the cutscene, you can turn it back on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but i'm totally stuck! i'm having the same issue (black screen, grey pixelated DC logo, and when I had tried searching for the file vs_hlsl.fx, I couldn't find it! Also, I'm pretty new to this kind of emulation... I've never done anything disc-based before, so I never really ran into the problems I'm having. Could someone help me out, walk me through this? I'm pretty new to this, and if I could get to playing JSR, I'd be totally stoked! (I lost my dc controllers AND my copy of the game is pretty scratched up anyway)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.