Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3,106 Posts
should'nt this be in the hardware section?

· God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
moving to hardware disc., devinwolf please check the section descriptions before posting a thread.

· Final Fantasy XXX
2,425 Posts
Why bother to ask if you already answered your own question? Get your sis one of them alienware laptop and she'll be happy! ;)

· Professional OC'er
1,398 Posts
You are aware that the P8400 is not the equivilant of the E8400 in desktop computers right/?????

Remember this....just so you know....

Compared to desktop graphics cards, the 9600M GT is similar to the GeForce 9500GT (which also descends from the G96 core). The desktop CPU 9600 GT has a 256 bit memory bus and is therefore much faster.
Source:Notebook Check.com

· Your resident reaper...
7,319 Posts
If it's mainly for designing, I'd settle for a desktop to be honest.

My friends in architecture classes and does a lot of rendering and designing on his computer and he has an Asus G1S...but got me to build him a desktop a few months later. It's just not comfortable doing design work on a laptop.

If she's really serious about designing, it would be a good idea to take a look at rendering GPUs...ATIs FireGL or Nvidias Quadro.

· Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
That certainly looks like a decent laptop, you won't find much better that's affordable...that said it's not going to be all that good either for the intended purpose.
Also remember that if it's going to be used in class it will need some really good battery life, like at least 4 hours...now the stronger it is the less battery life it has...so it's going to be quite hard for you to find the perfect balance between the two.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.