Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I know that most likely, this has been asked plenty of times before on the forums, but after a few hours of fruitless searching, I have found nothing that helps.

I have been using pcsx2 for a while now and am getting quite used to working my way around the configuration without it dying every time. Now, I was given a game file from a friend (trust me, I do not know if it's actually his or not, I don't know if it's downloaded or otherwise).

It's Star Ocean 3. I've turned on the tri-ace game hack for it, and set it to Linuz Iso to play the file, thinking it's an Iso.

Now, I go in, click run, execute. It opens up to the Playstation loading screen (which I have figured out is never a good thing in my experience), and of course, it crashes. The whole "pcsx2.exe has stopped working" thing. I tried run Cd/DVD and that gives me the exact same result, but without the loading screen.

So, I go into the game's folder and open it's properties, to find out that indeed, it's not an iso. Its nothing. Under file type it just says 'file'.

Could somebody please help me? I hope at least someone else has had this problem before...

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
get a newer svn release.

and rerip the game from your own disks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.