Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://ps2.ign.com/articles/601/601737p1.html

It seems that Crystal Dynamics are now making a new TR game, I just hope they do a better job than Core Design did with this aging francise.

I still own all the TR's, mainly because I was a fan from it's first outing on my ancient PC, I used to love exploring temples, and ancient locations, oh and shooting bats!...all in all she's had some fantastic adventures, but shouldn't they put that last nail in the coffin and plant her, TR5 was poor in every sense, and those controls ARGHHHH!!!!

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Wasn't AOD TR6 ?
Anyway, this one is made by the team who made Soul Reaver 1&2 and Legacy of Kain : Defiance, so, for once, I'd say the came may be good.

·
Premium Member
6,338 Posts
Another TR, huh? I used to love TR, and I've kept trying the new ones to see if one of them might break the old, repetitive trend of the series but so far nothing has. Needless to say, I'm rather skeptical about this new game, even if it's made by another design team. *Sigh* I wish they'd take TR back to its roots, with Lara exploring ancient cities and uncovering mystic relics. Exploration and puzzle-solving is everything in this series, yet the focus of late has been on action and repetitive find-a-key gameplay.

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Yeah, TR1 was the best game of the bunch! Fighting some mafia guys (and their stupid dogs), poor watchmen or automatic guns wasn't that much fun and did definitely not create the "tomb raiding" feeling the first part offered!

·
Clumsy And Stupid
90 Posts
another TR? should i be happy about it? i used to be a big fan of TR series, till the point where Lara was buried within the pyramid, but the somehow she's alive in AOD which didn't make any sense to me. i just hope that this time TR series goes back to the way it should be, exploring tombs, caves, sinked ships, frozen mountains, fighting dragons and t-rexs, all of those junkie stuffs.

·
Registered
10,603 Posts
And nude patches! LOL J/K ;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I just hope this one is fun and has decent controls ;)

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
I noticed they slimmed her down some. That's a plus, now if only we could have some more jumping off deep cliffs in caverns exploration.

AoD actually felt kinda nice when you were down in the excavation site. It felt like it could have been a decent TR if it would have stuck with that.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
**** the tr series i have hated this **** since the second tomb raider,couldn't ever get out of the ****in cave you start the game in and the dumb broad is prone to being suicidal and killing herself,i liked the first tomb raider but i hated every other with a passion,keep in mind i gave tomb raider 2 a good try for 5 minutes before returnting the crap to the rental store.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
i played the TR2 demo that came with my psx, so i can't wait for this one to come out!

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
I think TR1,2, and 4 were fun, I like it (especially the first). Too bad the really ****ed up on AOD, Lara moves like she's underwater :lol:

I trust Crystal Dynamics will do good tho, always like their games ;)

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
It's good I didn't try that last TR game :D pc wasn't able to run it well, and PS2 wasn't able at my desk :D anyway, lets give a little faith to next TR game :thumb:

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Core Design dug TR's grave with TR2, 3, 4 and that special edition which was something like an adventure pack. TR AOD was a really good game in terms of plot. The level design was superb most of the time and it had some nifty graphical effects that made it run slowly even on my pc. The problem with the game was mainly the crappy controls that have not evolved since the very first TR. If they'd have been something more agile and dynamic like Oni's then the game would have been a blast. Personally I look forward to this new title, Crystal Dynamics always knew how to do their stuff in 3D so this might end up being a great game instead of just a "good" game.

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Indeed, I agree with many people here, Tomb Raider 1 was awesome, TR2 - 3 - 4 where let downs, though TR4 did offer some nice ideas. TR5 was poor beyond words, lack lustre, and meh my level editor disc is snapped :( TR AoD had a nice plot, and some good locations, but as Kaiser Stated, poor controls, infact I got to one boss, and the controls made it needlessly hard. But look at the menu objects, or the 'characters' you'd run into, there is one woman on the french streets that looked like a blowup doll! some of the graphics where poor and very rushed looking!

I always look forward to a new TR, I just hope that this one isn't an almighty let down!

·
-PM to advertise here-
8,262 Posts
Well really.....what would you expect from this game now?

I would personally like it to have a much better control scheme of course....some dune-buggy driving, may be even bullet time (imagine her pony tailed hair waving in slow motion, kewl) and lotsa cool environment puzzles and traps. Multiple endings would be cool and a really cool bad guy :)

Anything that makes a good game a great game is the story. Let's give it a killer of a story with the weirdest plot twists possible!

There is no tax on dreaming :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Another TR game. When they relesed the TR games for PS1 .They were kind of better then I thought.They did have SUCKEY graphics .But it was on the PS1 of course "suckey" graphics. But another TR game is just more PAIN.I mean the ones for the PS1 were real difficult.They had so much puzzles in them.OMG it was not even funny.Well anyway here come more puzzles.

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
sonicjam said:
i liked part 3 and i got use to the controls real quick ppl who hate this series don't post ok is just waist of posts and space for ngemu
Well we could say the same thing for your post but we don't ;). What's the purpose of a forum if we can't post because of space problems? The whole point of a forum is to share opinions and information. Come on, use your head next time...

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to add something about the posts part. If post count spamming is an issue, an admin can change the count. It's not much of a problem and it has been done in the past numerous times.

Anyways, getting back on topic, I've played the demos for 2 (PS1), 3 (PC), and 4 (PS1). They were pretty interesting but the controls did suck. Hopefully the next installment will be improved upon.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Demigod said:
Another TR, huh? I used to love TR, and I've kept trying the new ones to see if one of them might break the old, repetitive trend of the series but so far nothing has. Needless to say, I'm rather skeptical about this new game, even if it's made by another design team. *Sigh* I wish they'd take TR back to its roots, with Lara exploring ancient cities and uncovering mystic relics. Exploration and puzzle-solving is everything in this series, yet the focus of late has been on action and repetitive find-a-key gameplay.
Same here. I love Lara exploring the nature likes caves and cliffs not city with buildings and factory.

F-3582 said:
Yeah, TR1 was the best game of the bunch! Fighting some mafia guys (and their stupid dogs), poor watchmen or automatic guns wasn't that much fun and did definitely not create the "tomb raiding" feeling the first part offered!
Yup, Tomb raider supposed encounter an ancient enemy or creature not somekind of an army man.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Syed Fawad said:
Multiple endings would be cool and a really cool bad guy :)

Anything that makes a good game a great game is the story. Let's give it a killer of a story with the weirdest plot twists possible!
I don't know if you endured TR:AoD's lame controls enough to start getting into the plot but the villains of the game were quite good and the plot with all the ocultist references gave the game a superb feeling. Hell, even the tutorial of the game (the first level) was quite immersive. I loved the part where Lara had to go from one roof to another clinging to a rope under the rain and while a helicopter used the lights on her so the shooters could take her down... really looking forward to this new TR.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts