Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in a Savage 2000 AGP video card on my Tyan 133 S1834 motherboard. I got it to windows and did the update of the drivers and stuff. But afterwards.. :( when i restart it goes to the windows screen.. after it loads all the drivers it goes blank... I do not know what is wrong with it.. not sure if theres something with the driver or not compatible with the system. Please help!

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
The last time that happened to me it was screwup with the power managment that cause the monitor to switch off perminently. Try disabling power managment in the bios.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
still the same.. i forgot to mention this, when i do get into windows after this happening.. i get an error message saying its a wrong driver or something.. any suggestions?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Ok try booting into safe mode and change the video driver to vga (yes I know its ugly!). then see if you can boot into windows correctly. If you can then its a corrupt driver file. As to cleaning this out :eyes:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok just did that and it sure is ugly. but i can't find the right driver. first of all not sure what driver i'm looking for or where.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
open display then goto settings. click advanced then adapter. Now clcik change. You want to change it to the vga compatible one. then restart normally

1 - 9 of 9 Posts