Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know a fix to save state problem with VGS? I got VGS1.4 and 1.41, both can't save properly, nor does it load the the save file, I had saved *or I thought it had saved properly*
so it's pretty bad, since it's a RPG game, can't save game, if you know PLZ HELP, HELP ME,

·
Registered
964 Posts
The save game problem

Hello everyone.
Yes, it is true and I also faced the same problem when I played Suikoden using VGS 1.41. When I created the memory card and try to save it for the first time, it did works fine without a problem. But after I played the game for a bit and try to save again, an error occurs with "UNABLE TO OPEN FILE" message appear. And then I found a solution.
Everytime you want to save the game, you must create a brand new memory card. That is, press ESC and go to the "PREFERENCE" menu, and create a new memory card. Then, return to the game and you can save it normally. But remember, you have to recreate a new memory card like I've mentioned every time you want to save. It may seems tedious, but it works. I've already finished Suikoden using VGS 1.41. If you're planning to play Suikoden 2, I'm gladly to tell you that it runs perfectly with VGS 1.41.
I hope that would come in handy. Good luck.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fujita, I tryed the way you say:
everytime I want to save created a new save file then save it, but the problem is not saving, it's the problem of save then come back to the game and I can't load the save :(
Bahamut_zero, I wish it works on epsxe :( maybe next version, but current it give me black screen, it can't even load
Ryos, I only got 1.4 and 1.41, so............ :(

I can play it on bleem! but it run like crazy, way too fast :( and the color look crap,

but thx for the infos :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts