Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased True Crimes: Streets Of L.A. Now, there is a slight problem….I have seen this game on PS2, and it looks very good…but I know PC should look better, but it doesn’t.
I have a Radeon 9600 Pro, with the Catalyst 4.9 drivers installed. This is a strange symptom in the game, as it doesn’t look very good at all, and it doesn’t seem to use pixel shaders when it should, and no matter which detail level I set it to, whether Low, Medium or High….in other words, it looks like it’s forced on Low detail, no matter what settings I change:

(or manually edit the TrueCrime.ini file [Renderer]
Adapter=0
ScreenWidth=1024
ScreenHeight=768
BitsPerPixel=32
Windowed=0
NoShaders=0 (or 1)..nothing
Detail=2 (this to 2,1 or 0)…nothing

It doesn’t matter what I do, it doesn’t look as good as it should do…for sheits sake, it should look as good as the PS2 or better, and use pixel shaders, as there is a ‘shaders’ directory full of shader files.

This may be a little premature, but perhaps there are those of you who have suffered the same problem. I am attempting to find a patch, which should hopefully fix this little problem. If for some reason this patch does not exist, or fix my problem, hopefully one of you may have an answer for me. Thank you in advance.

r2rX :D

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
shaders aren't necessarily pixel shaders, and when I played the game it looked like total crap, I just assumed it was like that.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
The game is crap looking both on the PS2 and PC. u just dont notice much of the flaws in the PS2. But the game is fun ^^

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Well maybe it's because you don't notice poor graphics as badly on a TV as you will on a computer monitor. Particularly if you have a nice big computer monitor.
If you're 'into' emulation and have a SNES or Genesis, look at it on a TV and then on a PC. Trust me the blockiness shows :(
But they're still fun on the PC :D

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dudes, you can definitely tell the difference between the PS2 and the PC version. I refuse to believe that the PC version is this **** looking! I am sorry!

And what about the fact that it looks EXACTLY the same if I turn shaders on/off, or even change the detail level between low, medium and high? It looks the same! Something isn't right!

It should look as good as the PS2, or better! Not worse! E.G, the distance bluring, that was on the PS2, isn't on PC. The shading/bumpmapping on the road when it rains is on the PS2, not PC....all the nice effects are not showing on PC! There must be a reason why!

r2rX :(

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
well, that's called bad porting, I never saw the ps2 version so it wasn't a distraction for me and I had quite some fun :) . just forget that you ever saw something better :p

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
yeah capirinha is right! Just one of the many bad ports! The game doesnt have any bumpmap on the road. I finished the game with my 9800xt and im sorry to say this but even with AAx6 and AFx16 GTA still looked better!

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What a bloody shame. I emailed Luxoflux about this, and they replied very fast. But, they weren't responsible for the port....our lovely friends, GTI Gray Matter were...I emailed them, but nothing yet.

The game is so much fun, and it looks brilliant on the consoles....thank you Gray Matter, for proving what kind of frickin' buttholes you are. :D

r2rX :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts