Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
can someone help me with the config of my epsxe i, cuz playin´FFIX when starting a battle, it goes too slow until the battle strarts :mad:, i have a Riva m64 in a pIII at 800Mhz i use Pete´s OpenGL drive, Please Help me!!!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
No need to get all pissy and angry boy.. take it easy :)
Two things you can do:
1. Set "Framebuffer Textures" to "1 - Black - Fast but no special effects".. it won't slow down, but you can't see the swirl effect.

2. If you REALLY REALLY want to see the swirl effect at full speed, get a GeForce2 Ultra or a GeForce3 and an AMD Athlon 1 Ghz... no seriously, you need some crazy stuff with tons of horsepower to see that.... ask Pete :)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
A GeForce or GeForce 2 would be acceptable, with the 800 mhz system. He'd be able to use the graphics card buffer then. Just would have to remember to turn off anti-aliasing for it.

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
It worked for Lewpy's GPU, I don't know if it'll work for any of Pete's GPUs: try running FF9 from an ISO on your HD instead of the CD-ROM (with the settings that allow the swirl to be shown turned on, of course). The game is read faster from the HD, and I'm running at full speed on my piddly little thing below. This thread has more info: http://http://boards.psxemu.com/showthread.php?threadid=2042

·
Registered
24 Posts
it has to do with the cd drive probably
your cd drive probably can't go as fast as the psx one
the same thing happens to me in ehrgeiz

i recommend just making an iso

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
hmmm... the psx cd drive only goes to a maximum speed of 2x.... How can his cd rom drive not go faster than that? All computers nowadays have at least 24x speed cd rom drives... Unless you got an ancient P1 33 mhz system.. Even they had cd drives that went about 4x though..

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
He is saying that the cd drive probably can't keep up with the data streaming because it is being stupid having to speed up and slow down a lot instead of running at a constant speed. Which he could try setting through Pete's plug-in if his cd drive supports it. Speed like 2x or 4x is recommended.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts