Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Nexus of a Crisis, and The Origin of Storms
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have been having some serious problems recently while trying to update my SB Audigy 2 drivers. For some reason I cannot fathom, none of the drivers are able to recognize my card's existance. Upon running the drivers, I get the message that no Creative product is detected. What is odd is that the old drivers downloaded from creative (from 03') will install just fine, its only the new drivers/updates I downloaded that refuse to recognize my product.

Has anyone else had similiar issues? Any helpful ideas or suggestions? (I have tried uninstalling the old drivers before installing the new ones, no good there either. I built my own comp, so I know I have a vanilla Audigy 2 in here.)

I want to update my SB drivers because everytime I got to play Fable the sound cuts out a couple of minutes into the game, and then when I exit the game it locks up my computer and I have to do a hard reset.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TastEPlasma

·
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greetings,

Ah, thanks dpence for finding it for me. I wasn't having to much luck through google. Unfortunately, now I'm not having any luck getting this prog to run. It keeps asking me to direct it to the CD or software update package directory. I have tried directing to both a folder which contained only the download update, as well as the temporary folder that the installer decompresses to. In both cases, I get an error stating that data1.hdr is not found. I'm just not having much luck today period. :(

So, what am I missing?

Thanks,
TastEPlasma

·
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greetings,

Well, the files are unfortunately in an executable, so I don't think I can winrar them out. However, I did find an effective method for installing the drivers of my choice by bypassing the Creative installer.

What I did was double click on the installer, let it extract the files to the windows/temp folder, and when the installer prompted me to shut down all unecessary programs, I went into the temp folder and copy/pasted it to the desktop, then use the windows device manager to manually install the drivers by directing it to that folder. All this, and no need for the patching program (which, near as I can tell, doesn't work anyways).

Thanks for all the help guys, it is greatly appreciated, wouldn't have figured this out without you. :D

Sincerely,
TastEPlasma

·
The seeker of perfection
4,008 Posts
Great way you got there, i have always amazed at the ways people and myself have resorted to bypass those stupid errors.
Btw, You needed to open winrar, load the exe and select extract. That way you get all the files that the exe itself contains (the ones that are going to be installed), then you point the mentioned program to that folder. It works, i have done it myself since i have modded and audigy 1 into 2 and i needed to apply that patch to the updates (exes) so they recognize my card.

·
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kazuya Mishima said:
Great way you got there, i have always amazed at the ways people and myself have resorted to bypass those stupid errors.
Btw, You needed to open winrar, load the exe and select extract. That way you get all the files that the exe itself contains (the ones that are going to be installed), then you point the mentioned program to that folder. It works, i have done it myself since i have modded and audigy 1 into 2 and i needed to apply that patch to the updates (exes) so they recognize my card.
Ah, ok, I didn't think that was possible. Good to know for the future, although at least I have something which works ... for now. :)

Sincerely,
TastEPlasma

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.