Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is my first on this site. And I'm a noob with in depth computer things in general (anything more difficult than looking up hentai is pretty new to me).

I am trying to make an AMV (anime music video) using footage from the Lunar series. To do so I needed to rip footage from the games. I could not rip most of the videos from my CDs and believed it to be a problem with scratched discs.

The failures happen like this: It starts to convert gets to a point and stops. Numbers I have to hit STOP then close the program by right clicking on its thingy on t bottom bar of my windows screen (sorry I have no idea what its called).

Therefore I decided to **Talk about illegal things**. I usually would find this amoral but since I own the games (in the case of Lunar 1, 2 copies) I found no legal or moral qualm in my actions. The First disc of the first game ripped well enough cept there was no sound (which suited my purposes) and each video had a black screen afterwards for about 10-30 seconds depending on the lenth of the video (which I edited out with Adobe Premiere).

I then tried to rip other discs but was unsuccessful with most videos. I recently realised the ones that did burn are less than a minute long. The sound works and there is no black followup. Im dont have a clue what it was I changed.

At first I thought the error was in the discs themselves but it has to be in the PsxMC progran because I have the exact same problem with the 2 legit copies of Lunar 1 as the Image copies they stop at the exact same point.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this and thanks even more to anyone who can help me with my problem.

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
dont talk about your illegal activities here thank you, it is against forum rules.
even if you own a copy, its still illegal for you to download it as the data hasnt come off the one youve paid for has it. Also if they were identical, you wont gain anything from obtaining another copy.

i suggest you check your codecs if youre having problems with the videos.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont suppose that it even matters that I wasted all that time with bittorrenting all it proves is that the problem is not the fault of the discs themselves. I deleted the files and broke the discs. I was under the impression what I was doing was ok in the same vein as owning a ROM of a game you own. Which is how ROM sites cover their asses. In either event I am sorry if I did anything legally or morally questionable. I wasnt sure if I should mention it but I couldnt NOT mention it in my earlier post because otherwise anyone trying to assist me would likely blame scratches on the discs as I myself did.

Anyways do you have any idea as to which codecs might be absent and/or causing the problem? I think I could try (when I get home) deleting the whole program and reinstalling it to get rid of any changes I may have made by installing additiona codecs without knowing what they were.:hdbash: Thats probobly my problem. :heh:

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
well iirc, the PSX uses .PSS files, which are Mpeg/audio encoded streams, slightly different to your usual ones, so make sure you have some recent mpeg codecs and audio codecs, i recommend the klite mega codec pack, it has everything.

Altho them legal disclaimers on rom sites are a load of rubbish, they are there to look convincing so people think they are legal and dont report them to authorities ;) ROM's are illegal unless its a silly system like Chip8 lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.