Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This will be rather newbish of me, which is something i'm generally pretty good at doing, but I can't seem to get this to work. Here are the steps i'm taking:

1. Start nullDC
2. Select file>normal boot
3. Choose my cdi
4. Select system>start
5. Nothing happens. Really.

I really must be missing something here. I have the bios in the data folder, I've done what I know to do, but I can't get anywhere from here. Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

EDIT: Okay, sorry, I forgot to post specs:
Windows Vista 64 bit
AMD Phenom X3 8400 triple-core processor
4GB DDRII (RAM)
Built-in graphics

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry for the double-post.

Never mind the above if this helps at all.
I looked at what was going on in the seperate window, and I noticed it failed to load some certain files. I couldn't copy n paste, so I snipped 'em. *scissors*

Soo... What are these missing files, and how do I write an IP.BIN file?

http://i41.tinypic.com/2aablvb.png

That is the top 3/4 of the window

http://i41.tinypic.com/ipsj2e.png

...And that is the rest.

Please, if you can, help me. I'd figure this out myself, as I am generally good with computers, but working with getting an emulator to work has been killing me with death for weeks :drool:

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
11,526 Posts
I just tried to see if I get the IP.BIN missing file note and I too get that report, yet games still boot fine here. The only things that I can think of that might be causing an issue is either:

1. Game incompatibility with nullDC

2. corrupt bios and flash files. Try to boot the emulator without running a disc to get to the dreamcast bios screen (with time, date, memory card, etc). If nothing shows then delete these files and try fresh backups.

3. corrupt game disc image, try to run the image in a separate emulator (makaron, chankast) and see if it boots properly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'll try that.

Hmmm... should I be using nullDC_1.0.3_mmu or nullDC_1.0.3_nommu?
(Really, what's the diff?) I'll edit this post to tell you what happened about fresh back-ups, and what-not. Although, this game was on the compatible list when I checked... :/

EDIT: Okay, in nullDC I tried to load without a disk. It does the same thing, but I noticed it failed to load only the flash file (it loaded boot) So I replaced it, same result, THEN I noticed it seems to be looking for dc_flash_wb.bin. I thought I could rename the flash file and put _wb at the end, but that stupid idea didn't work... :) Then I tried Chankast without a disk, but it would just sit there with the logo on the white background untill I clicked on the edge of the window (as if to move it) and it would start that little (not responding) number and crash. :/ Then came Dreamemu, which wouldn't even load the bios (after I filled out the directories and what-not) AND none of these emulators would run the game image (shows a white screen, or, chankast logo.) I'm starting to wonder if it's vista, buuuut...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.