Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love modding for morrowind. But when I try to install a program called morrowind graphics extender, it says missing file d3dx9_30.dll. I copied that file from my old cpu and it still says that. My computer is systemax SG. It has intel dual core, Nvidia Geforce 9600, and windows Vista home premium that came with directX 10. When I play oblivion, my PC has no problems with directX but its only when I go to install MGE (morrowind graphics extender) that is keeps going missing d3dx9_30.dll file. This file came with Apr.2006 version of directX and is required for gameplay.

Can anyone shed some light on why this is happening???

·
Banned
2,299 Posts
You can download the required dll from the net (or get it from a pc with a recent DirectX 9c version) and copy the file over to your PC (same folder as the application that requires it is installed).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried that and it said that the d3dx9_30.dll file had to be apart of something called MDX for the MGE program to work. I checked my old cpu and it didnt have any file that had MDX with it that contained d3dx9_30.dll which is weird since I looked and I seem to already have that file on my new cpu. Are there different files of d3dx9_30.dll like different formats?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
*sigh in defeat* I had feared that. Its really no biggy but that program makes the game look so much more beautiful. I guess waiting is the only option. :(

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
it is possible to use the d3dx9_30.dl, however you need atleast the February 2006 Bimonthly, to install the MDX DLL's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts