Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I'm testing games for emu
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to making patches for games which don't have normal video skip patch(scempegisend) but complicated patch.When I trying find hex string it's not found.It's same problem as gran turismo 4 and other.I'm trying game the suffering as you can see...stops after intro is loaded.I need to find adresses for this patch as gt4 but I don't know how.Maybe from debugger or ps2dis in jump to labeled?Anyone know how pls?
p.s. and do you know where is nachbrenner site?Old site it's not working :(

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
pcmaker said:
I need to making patches for games which don't have normal video skip patch(scempegisend) but complicated patch.When I trying find hex string it's not found.It's same problem as gran turismo 4 and other.I'm trying game the suffering as you can see...stops after intro is loaded.I need to find adresses for this patch as gt4 but I don't know how.Maybe from debugger or ps2dis in jump to labeled?Anyone know how pls?
p.s. and do you know where is nachbrenner site?Old site it's not working :(
Looks like i'm :dead: atm :innocent:
Study examples here

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
pcmaker, its not worth bothering to make patches as the game probably won't work anyways, making your time spent a waste.

·
Registered
325 Posts
IF you can make FFX playable then you are the MAN!
No one can make FFX run only with a patch. You need an advanced emu for that. You really don`t have patience, do you? Just hope that it can play ffx in 2 years, cause that`s all you can do.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The Next Release of PCSX2 would play most games but with some drawbacks like slow speed. only a few games are fully playable.

FFX works on the PCSX2 0.8, but most of the textures and background doesn't appear.
A patch can only skip stuff like INIT VOICE AND PSS MOVIES. It doesn't make a game playble and show more stuff like textures like CLOUD says.
These have been explained before.
It's best if you search for them before posting about topics like the one here. ;)

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TO NACHBRENNER:
Please help how to find start and end videos.I have attached files from debugger and ps2dis.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
RealOne said:
Nope, he asked for advanced patches, where patching sceMpegIsEnd has no effect.

pcmaker said:
TO NACHBRENNER:
Please help how to find start and end videos.I have attached files from debugger and ps2dis.
1)please post pix of text windows as PNG
2)atm we cannot patch IOP in runtime, so i don't need these kinda pix
3)in PS2DIS jump to the address which you see in PCSX2' debugger
(in this case 00216058)
4)allegely you are stuck in an infinite loop
replace BNE command with a NOP
patch=0,EE,0051606c,word,00000000

·
Registered
47 Posts
Colin McRae Rally 04 PAL SLES_518.24

I've got a problem with run this game. It's stop on autoload screen. Maybe if I make a patch it will go further. I can make only skip video patch so please help me...

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Darkstar said:
Colin McRae Rally 04 PAL SLES_518.24

I've got a problem with run this game. It's stop on autoload screen. Maybe if I make a patch it will go further. I can make only skip video patch so please help me...
I had similar problems with CMR3.
iirc it had severe synchronisation problems.
I don't expect to see CMR series running in PCSX2 in the foreseeable future.

Looking at your piece of code it appears to be related to $12001000= GS_CSR
try:
patch=0,EE,0025df4c,word,00000000

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Darkstar said:
Game stops at this moment so I must skip it...
If the Program Counter reads 800xxxxx you are somehow stuck in Kernel RAM. Nothing you can do there.

Investigate the address after the cputlbmiss EPC=00121b64 with PS2DIS

·
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have problem with memory card checking screen.Game says...no memory card in slot 1.I need to skip this.I'm trying to create some patches but not effect...always load checking memory card screen :hdbash:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts