Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got the epsxe emulator and it rocks it plays all my games nice and smooth,but I have a problem with Tony hawk 1-2 the game runs perfect but the music is messed up,The sound config. is good cause it plays the music good on all my other games i don't know what the problem is any one know?

And also i can't seem to load uo front mission 3 is starts and then stays froozen on the loading screen,it may be because it's a back up copy,but my Driver and Thrill kill copies are back up and they run good. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
For Front Mission 3 did you try pressing F4 when it freezes and wait a few seconds. Or possibly F5 followed by F4.

·
Registered
95 Posts
For tony hawk 2, i've had good results with
Iori's spu using a cl sb128. What kind of sound card do you have?

·
Registered
80 Posts
The FM3 freeze can be got round by starting epsxe from the run command and using -nogui. (ie. go to Run, type c:/epsxe(or wherever your epsxe is on your c drive)/epsxe -nogui)

The emulator will then open without the graphical user interface and FM3 will load up. However all is not plain sailing. There are parts of the game that run very slowly and the game crashes when certain effects occur in game - so make regular use of save states.

After you've managed to make a save state you can open epsxe up normally and load the state (it also allows you to switch to accurate cd timing - which helps slightly but causes the game to freeze on the load up if done any earlier.)

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
By "open ePSXe normally" Cugel means that you can open ePSXe without the -nogui command. See the recent thread in ePSXe General Troubleshooting forum on where to put a command line.

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by Cugel
The FM3 freeze can be got round by starting epsxe from the run command and using -nogui. (ie. go to Run, type c:/epsxe(or wherever your epsxe is on your c drive)/epsxe -nogui)
For some reason, in ePSXe 1.40 you no longer need the "-nogui" parameter for FM3, but you need to enable "Accurate CD-ROM Timing" in the config menu.

[]s Badaro

·
Registered
80 Posts
After finally managing to get FPSE set up to work on my set-up, i can only suggest people who want to play FM3 use FPSE instead of ePSXe - it runs almost perfectly (there's a 5-10 second drag as it enters an exchange of fire/melee scene).

As yet no crashes too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts