Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've first seen this mouse pad from Gigabyte in a coverage that Tomshardware made of The Gathering Lan Party last year, i've only seen some shots of that pad and it completely captured my mind. However i don't know the model nor where to find it since there is not even a slight mention of it on Gigabyte's oficial web page.

Ok here is the mouse pad in case you where wondering what the hell i am talking about:

It connects to the usb port and when you are for example firing in a FPS it lights up with a psycadelic flickring effect (i hope i can make myself clear here).

So since i'm getting a Ideazon keyboard and an MX1000 mouse it would be really cool to have a gadget like that.

If anybody seen that some were or knows of some place where i can get some info of it i would appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
331 Posts
well, a similar pad would be something like the icemats from...icemat. ive never actually seen that mousepad before, but before getting any mousepad you have to make sure that it will work with your mouse, because some mousepads wont work for some mouses. in my case (mx510), i've heard on places like gotfrag that the supermat is the best mousepad for my mouse, and thats what i plan to get at the end of the week. again, look around for the icemat, www.icemat.com. they have those glass mousepads that keep you cool.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
haha, what a lame mousepad. anyway, like eternal11 says i would suggest getting a supermat or icemat.

however, i'll say some things that may recommend you against the MX1000 and possibly over towards the MX510. the MX1000 is an excellent mouse--it's basically the MX510's leetness but wireless. you can move that thing around any surface as fast as you want and it wont go all crazy. the range is pretty good for a simple wireless, i'd say about 8 feet or so. however, if you are a gamer, this is probably not the mouse to get. why? for one, the MX1000 is (im guessing here) about twice as heavy as the MX510. however, this can be remedied by time and just getting used to it. unfortunately, there is ONE reason why i dont like my MX1000. you know hwo people pick up the mouse to move get it across somewhere (like when you are using low sensitivity).? well, on the MX1000, when you put it back down there is a tiny (maybe 1/2 a second or less) delay. now it might not seem like much, but if you are used to picking up the mouse during fast movement to reorient yourself, you'll have to get un-used to it. i play CS and other games with never lifting the mouse off the pad..by now i've just gotten used to it.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Well I use the razer Diamondback ,and apparently the best mat for that is the razer exactmat or something according to a review, but I just use a bog standard felt mat. I think flashy mats are pointless. How am I expected to sleep with all that light on my PC?

·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The MX510 is a very good mouse but i need a whireless mouse and the MX1000 is the one that fits my needs. I've been playing around with my friend's MX1000 and i really liked it, did not experienced any lag whatsoever with it while playing SOF2, Halo and Red Alert 2 and it's not that heavy as it looks, i only lift the mouse to reajust ocasionaly and i usualy play MP FPS on the defence as a sniper (i just love hitting them without them noticing).
As for the Icemat that is probably what i'll get since i cant find the Gigabyte one anywere on the internet.

I think flashy mats are pointless. How am I expected to sleep with all that light on my PC?
It's just a gadget and it only flashes when you are pressing the mouse buttons.

Anyway thanks for you help guys.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
flashing? when clicking mouse buttons? Q]I[A for example? ouch my eyes ...

·
Registered
331 Posts
Kane-Sama said:
Well I use the razer Diamondback ,and apparently the best mat for that is the razer exactmat or something according to a review, but I just use a bog standard felt mat. I think flashy mats are pointless. How am I expected to sleep with all that light on my PC?
haha, i bet they told you to get the razer exactmat with your razer mouse for marketing purposes.

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
>haha, i bet they told you to get the razer exactmat with your razer mouse for marketing purposes.

Yeah, bollox to that. I have no idea if it is any good... although looking at a few reviews, it appears it may be worth it.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
well i use the regular mousepads, the ones you can get for 2 dollars at Fry's, well mine is a Dilbert one but it's the same exact material. i am wanting to get a supermat or something similar (saw a generic type on at fry's the other day) only because the MX1000 is like 8 times heavier than my last mouse and i want a little less friction.

·
Is this thing on?
2,121 Posts
Wait a minute......I am SURE I didn't see that in Singapore....anyways, the MX1000 is classifed as a laser mouse and costs roughy S$150 in Singapore...

One additional note: What's a supermat? The Gigabyte thing at the top of the post?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
that looks exactly like the one that i was going to buy at fry's the other day for 10 bucks. i hope you didnt pay more than 10 bucks for that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts