Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Final Fantasy VI, on the river sequence with Terra, Banon, Sabin, and Edgar, when I get to make the choice of weither I ca go Up or Left, when I choose Up, the game goes along fine until the first battle. It's against a Pteronadon, Nautilus and something else. Whenever anyone (Good guy or Bad guy) tries to hit anyone else, the game freezes! What is going on? Also all the town names are a dark dark grey.

Plugins:
SPU: Eternal SPU Plugin
GPU: Pete's OpenGL

·
I code therefore I am.
412 Posts
Originally posted by Lyrai
In Final Fantasy VI, on the river sequence with Terra, Banon, Sabin, and Edgar, when I get to make the choice of weither I ca go Up or Left, when I choose Up, the game goes along fine until the first battle. It's against a Pteronadon, Nautilus and something else. Whenever anyone (Good guy or Bad guy) tries to hit anyone else, the game freezes! What is going on? Also all the town names are a dark dark grey.

Plugins:
SPU: Eternal SPU Plugin
GPU: Pete's OpenGL
Try using Peops soft GPU this isn't the fastest Soft GPU but it's one of the most complete if it doesn't give you the same problem .. it's possible a problem with your GL driver (exciting to know huh?). If you can try Pete's D3D 7.0 driver also. See what results you get.

cyb

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried both options (even downloading the latest drivers from the website) and it still locks up. When I messed with the sound GPU as well as the graphics GPU I was able to get it going for a little while (about twice arond the loop)

Video Card: nVidia GeForce2 MX/MX 400

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.