Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing FF9 on a patched iso of my friends cd which seems to screw up right at the end of CD3 (after beating the guy in the black cape, forgot his name) so i went and rented a fresh copy but this wont even load, does it need to be patched or something, and if so how. Its and australian version which is pal i believe.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
damn, i patched it but my save states arent compatable :(

does anyone know why it crashes after you beat garland, i just assumed it was my cds/iso cause the cds were scratched, but it might be something else.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
There are bugs with saves state in ff9 that can cause it to crash just like that. The solution is to use a proper memory card save vai a moogle then exit, reload and complete that section with out using a single save state. Hopefully should get you past it.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
uh, that crash after the fight on the ship is caracteristic from the Kalisto release, so u might wanna try another patch

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you were both right, the save state was just screwed so i had to load from a previous save state and go through the battles again. I cant save via moogle it always says save failed but i think thats because i had the ****ed up kalisto release. it would randomly crash for me too.

Oh well its finished now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
megagames.com is a good place for patchs, once you have it you need to use a ppf patcher on an iso of the game.

all can be found, including instructions at the above link.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
ummmm.. I don't know if that is an acceptable site to post since it also has Cracks and such......so if it gets removed you know why....

·
Registered
11 Posts
great, I'm the only guy in the world that has buy ff9 original psx games without a psx and i can't play puttana eva!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you could try other patchs, when i used the UK patch on my australian version the patch said it was wrong version, but it still worked. So give it a try, you got nothing to lose.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.