Next Generation Emulation banner

Help with FF9

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  deanpoot 
#1 ·
Earlier when I first was trying this out, FF9 was working, and now I don't know what I did to screw it up.

Every time I start the game it shows the "Square Game Ltd." or whatever and then it goes black and just sits there.

I'm using Pete's Dsound 1.10
Pete's OpenGL
ePSXe CDR
1001 BIOS

Please help.

#4 ·
I tried the software plugin before and it didn't work, though I will try again.

I can't get Pete's CD-R plugin to work on my system.

Here is something interesting,

When I go in and start a savestate that I had saved before it goes to the place where I had the save state, plays through the scene, and at the end of the scene right before it is going to switch to an in game movie, it says something about a CD read error (I think that's what it was).

#5 ·
most of the time when something like that happens to me, I check for scratches and smudges on the cd...... Epsxe is a little more sensitive to that than a real psx........ Try not to use savestates too often as it does freeze some games at certain points..... Ie.Mgs(it freezes if I savestate it in a conversation).....

#6 · (Edited)
I don't think it froze because of the save state because when i had it working the first time it worked fine after I loaded the same save state... that and I can't even get it to run on a fresh boot up.

If someone that can play FF9 could tell me the plugins they use and what settings they have set for them, I would appreciate it greatly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.