Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm somewhat a n00b as far as emulation goes, but I recenetly felt the urge to play FF7, and didnt feal like movin the ps out here. Played it fine, up until the second reactor. Get to the point where clouds about to set the bomb, and tifa steps in front of him and he starts doing a running animation, but nothin happens....just keeps doing the infinite run. If I remember right, the running cloud's supposed to float in the air and the screen turn red and theres text across the screen, then a flashback to tifa morning her father at the same spot in another reactor. But instead he just keeps runnin after tifa steps out.....not sure if it helps, but i listed my video plugin info below. Tried messin with afew of the options in the video plugin here and there, and switched to afew others, but still stays the same....

EDIT: I think the heartbeat sound in the background starts, which is what's supposed to happen I think....

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.1
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce2 MX/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 800x600 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 0
- Internal Y resolution: 0
- Filtering: 3
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 2
- Framebuffer uploads: 1

Misc:
- Scanlines: on [1]
- Line mode: off
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 1/1
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Okay first of all ditch that plugin. It's only good for high end cards with at least 128mb of Ram. How is it running 'good'? I had that card and Pete's OpenGL2 ran like $hit.

Now that said get Pete's OpenGL 1.75 plugin, play around with the settings and get back to us. It will go a lot faster, and most likely fix your problem :)

If not, maybe you'll just have to find a game save.

www.gamefaqs.com ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does go abit faster, but still hasn't fixed the prob though, so I guess that will be my best bet then. Thanx anyway though:)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
If you havn't tried to find a game save you should try searching for something near by to where you are. If you can't find anything, maybe someone could make you one :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope, found one for all the major story events on disk one that should solve my prob. Thank again though:nod:

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
No problem :) Have fun playing :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts