Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, ok well I have a memorex dvd rom burner Im burning dvd atm and Im only getting 4x speed on a 16x speed drive this obviously isnt right waiting almost 20 mins to burn a regular dvd and almost 30 mins to burn a DL dvd,so I checked the dma all enabled, both the drive and my burning software I have is set to fastest speed.So Im thinking it may be my firmware but Ive gone to memorex website and there seems to be no support for my particular drive so I still have the original firmware for it.So basically what I am asking is if anyone knows a third party firmware that I can use with my drive I have been told mcse (media code speed edit tool) was good to use but my drive isnt listed in the compatible list should I attempt to use anyway? or is there another firmware like this that I may be able to use? please if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated Im dieing here burning at 4x speed lol.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Could you list your dvd burner model?

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Its a fault in the drives firmware, i have a 16x pioneer (though it borks at writes above 6x anyway), that will only burn at 4x on anything except TDK 16x disks.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,570 Posts
Hence the reason I suggested using a different brand of blank media. I've always used Verbatim and never had any problems.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Its a fault in the drives firmware, i have a 16x pioneer (though it borks at writes above 6x anyway), that will only burn at 4x on anything except TDK 16x disks.
Im using sony DVD+R 1x-16 disks, so all I need to do is use different disk and my problem is solved? so then nothing should be done about this old firmware?? Cause I am thinking of using mcse, it doesnt have my exact model listed but it has the model that has the same chipset as mine does under nec.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I was going to suggest MCSE actually, if you can find the media codes for the disks you are using then it should work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.