Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm totally newbie in this issue.

I start to code some "initial" examples, and fine I can plote the Cube (turn it) change color, draw a triangle....
However I can't compreehend the Coordinates Unit* used by OpenGL (I know what and why the X, Y and Z are[I guess]).

For example:
I wanna plot 10 squares [][][][][][][][][][] .

begin(GL_QUADS);
vertex3f(x,y,z);
vertex3f(x,y,z);
vertex3f(x,y,z);
vertex3f(x,y,z);
end();

If I use the x= 1,2,3,4 and so... the space is very huge! So I need to divide this numbers... x = 0.012,0.013,0.014...
There is a way to use the 1,2,3,4 coordinates but with visible near.
(it has something with resolution? I mean the points stay way one each other?)

*: when I said Unit I would like to express the size on the screen.
ps: I think I've made more mesh in my explanation, anyway I can try explain it in another way.
Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
ask at the zsnes forum or xtemu forum, you'll get help faster with this.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I'm totally newbie in this issue.

I start to code some "initial" examples, and fine I can plote the Cube (turn it) change color, draw a triangle....
However I can't compreehend the Coordinates Unit* used by OpenGL (I know what and why the X, Y and Z are[I guess]).

For example:
I wanna plot 10 squares [][][][][][][][][][] .

begin(GL_QUADS);
vertex3f(x,y,z);
vertex3f(x,y,z);
vertex3f(x,y,z);
vertex3f(x,y,z);
end();

If I use the x= 1,2,3,4 and so... the space is very huge! So I need to divide this numbers... x = 0.012,0.013,0.014...
There is a way to use the 1,2,3,4 coordinates but with visible near.
(it has something with resolution? I mean the points stay way one each other?)

*: when I said Unit I would like to express the size on the screen.
ps: I think I've made more mesh in my explanation, anyway I can try explain it in another way.
Thanks in advance.
I don't get it. Whats the problem. I am fairly sure you can just do vertex3f(0.0012,1,0); ... like that because it is vertex3f which is for floats.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
This belongs in the programming section.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is you're describing, but have you set up your matrices properly (i.e. GL_MODELVIEW)?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't get it. Whats the problem. I am fairly sure you can just do vertex3f(0.0012,1,0); ... like that because it is vertex3f which is for floats.
I would like to use the greatter units as 1,2,3,4 ... and not 0.0012,0.0013.

This belongs in the programming section.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is you're describing, but have you set up your matrices properly (i.e. GL_MODELVIEW)?
I guess it can be with GL_MODELVIEW.
Is there a way to set the matrice to x and y with higher units ( And make it visible to a screen 748x384 or 800x600 ).

In a screen of 800x600 I want to plot 8192 little squares (but visible) and I was wondering if it is possible to use the higher units to 0,1,2,3,4 instead of 0.0015 ...
all my explanation is :dead: english isn't my native language... (I can try to explain it in another way)

Thanks for both for helping me. :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts