Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want about 4 new computer parts (add ons) to be installed on my computer so that i can run pcsx2 well in maximum but whenever i try to talk to my dad. he brushes it off with an excuse of another issue. my brother is going to college too and he uses that statement as a reason not too. the total cost would be like 375-450 dollars anyway which is not TOO bad. he said ill think about it by july and right now its april(almost) but still he says thinks, how do you guys think i should do this. how should i convince him to buy these parts earlier

P.S: I AM SORRY IF THIS THE WRONG SECTION OR EVEN WEBSITE BUT THIS DOES HAVE TO DO ABOUT HOUSE RELATED PROBLEMS AND GETTING PCSX2 TOO WORK SO I THINK IT WOULD FIT HERE.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Yeah this should be included in the FAQ of pcsx2 with a nice long tutorial on:

How to get your parents to buy parts to play pcsx2.

Sorry Kid, but imo I come from a poor family and if I wanted something I would work or do something about it that would make it that I deserve it.
You could get a ps2 with less, in case you don't already have one.

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
What are the 4 parts you need? Sounds like almost an entire re-build

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
um ya i guess it is. thanks for the help. that work thing the ifrst guy said really got me thinking.

i wanted a

graphics card
processor
memory
motherboard (and maybe a case if it didnt fit)

thanks for the answers ill try a bit harder

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
yeah if you are poor I'd avoid spending the money just to play some ps2 games in highdef.

if not,
who will install the components? yourself? if not you'll need to use $75-120 to have them installed.

what powersupply are you using?

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Tell us the specs for your current computer

how many pins is your power supply motherboard connector? 20 or 24? and what brand and model is it?

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
1. Save your Money and get your own job.
2. Magically become 18 and decide for yourself.
I like this.

But yeah... I can't even convince myself to get computer parts for the sake of an upgrade and I can afford it. My new PCs replace dead PCs - only had 2 in the past 10 years or so?

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
When I was in high school and had no job and was just starting to bite the tech bug...

I just did a buncha chores everyday for a few months. Dishes, mowed the lawn, vacuuming etc... Also, ask your parents if you could use your birthday gift (if it hasn't passed) as another way to get a new computer set up.

You're dads probably brushing you off cause he wants to see some responsibility. With his job, he obviously could easily afford a new computer for you.

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
Sorry, love. If you're 16 or older, get a job and get the money yourself. I don't think that your dad should be buying you something like that...that's a lot to ask. Then again, I grew up with a family whose money is very tight. Don't think of this as negative...think of this as a positive experience.

·
On Stand-by
759 Posts
yeah, even with conservation of your money, greedy people will still have tactics to grab that money from you.

·
Tushy :3
5,162 Posts
Yeah, that's another thing that you have to keep in mind. *points to Skore's post* People are scrambling for money and not spending as much as they did. Your parents are being smart.

But like I was saying earlier, my parents didn't help me at all with stuff, monetarily wise. I had to work to get my own car, school, everything. I worked my ass off to cover all my bills for insurance, debt, everything. When I was 17 I started to buy my own clothes, makeup, everything. It was actually a blessing after that because I had to provide for my family for a little while.

I'm very sick now and my parents are trying to help me out the best i can money-wise. I think it's because of the respect I earned from them when I worked my butt off. I have also earned a lot of respect for my parents for not helping me out with money. It showed me how independent I am.

Anyways, that is what I meant with by saying that you could turn this into a positive experience. Learn and grow from it. :)

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
I have always had to get things myself! Family never bought me anything expensive!

But after my mum and dad divorced and dad remarried he started favouring his step-kids instead of his own kids!

Christmas would involve my step brothers opening there presents to reveal expensive name-brand clothes etc...

My sister and I would then open ours to reveal cheap copies of the real clothes bought at markets!:(

I soon learned to support myself though!

·
PC game modder
6,950 Posts
You get a sense of pride when you buy something yourself! Especially if took a while to save for it!

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Well you could try to deal it with your dad, like if you're in school try that if you get high enough score in some test and he'll buy the parts as a reward... Of course it sucks if there are no tests in near future!:lol:
But otherwise you could also try promising your dad to help him with something and get the parts as a reward for that, or if you're old enough get a job or smt and make the money yourself...

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.