Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I am going to give as much information as possible so that someone can help me set up PCSX2. I've tried myself and can't get faster than 21 fps. Here goes:

Windows Vista 32-bit Service Pack 1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7500 2.93 GHz
4.00 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
(5.4 Windows Experience Index if that helps)

PCSX2 0.9.4

Plugins:

Graphics:
-- GSdx9 (MSCV 14.00, SSE2) 0.10.0
-- ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.95.2
-- ZeroGS KOSMOS (no SSE2) 0.97.0
-- ZeroBS KOSMOS 0.97.0
-- ZeroGS KOSMOS OpenGL 0.96.7
Sound:
-- GiGaHeRz SPU2 Driver (Alpha R) 0.13.0
-- SPU2null 0.7.1
-- P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
-- ZeroSPU2 0.4.4
Controller
-- SSSPSX PAD Plugin Pressure Mod 1.6.0
-- ZeroPAD 0.1.0
Cdvdrom
-- Linuzappz Iso CDVD 0.7.0
-- CDVDnull Driver 0.6.0
-- P.E.Op.S. CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0
Dev9
-- Dev9null Driver 0.3.0
Usb
-- USBnull Driver 0.5.0
-- Qemu USB Driver by Gigaherz 0.1.0
FireWire
-- FWnull Driver 0.4.0

If any other info is needed, just say so.

·
Registered IT crowd
680 Posts
those are quite outdated pcsx2 & gsdx versions you have here.

As cross said, update them to latest pu_blic betas.

Which game are you trying to play, btw ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
use the SSSE3 or SSE4.1 version of the gsdx your CPU supports that thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nice, thanks. I just tried DBZ and was in between 45 and 70 fps. About to try God of War II.

EDIT:

A few issues with God of War II. All ground and background is green and framerate is around 30-35.

And is there a patch making guide for dummies?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey My Computer is microsoft xp service pack 3 Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz 3.19GHz, 512MB of RAM pcsx2 says my CPU speed is 3192MHZ...........i have played some games and messed with settings many times for different games but can never get anything to play 100% but stella deus has been running really well can any1 who has the time suggest in depth config i should use for this computer to run fast and as good as its gonna for most games TY :)

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Sorry to say it, but you won't get full speed with that. The Pentium 4 is simply too slow and is not at least a dual core CPU (pretty much required for PCSX2). If that was a Pentium D (which is the same as the Pentium 4 to every last detail, save it has two cores), then you would most likely get somewhere, but one core for that CPU just isn't enough. Believe me, I've tried with the best Pentium 4 variant at 4.5GHz with alot of speed hacks (only one or two even made a difference anyway though, and it was only by a few FPS, so it's not even worth mentioning I had them on), and it couldn't get consistent full speed in either Final Fantasy X or Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3. It was faster than I thought (pretty much 2/3-3/4 fullspeed average in Final Fantasy X and Tenkaichi 3, reaching fullspeed in some cases in the former), it's just not enough no matter what you do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.