Next Generation Emulation banner

help with breath of fire 3

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Badaro 
#1 · (Edited)
Using epsxe I always gets a xa sound problem with this game. whenever a character does a spell he will yell out the magic's name (in japanese), using epsxe the character will always say not just one magic but always ~3 at a time Why??
For ex. using Ryu and cast Heal, should only say Relieve, but I always get "Relieve, UpRelieve,...." (can't rem exactly) But he'll say 3 magic names.
Using VGS I have no problem what so ever with this, I'll only get one magic yelled out.
I have tried all different plugins and the results are the same.
Can anyone give me the best plugin setup that will solve and play this games better??? Or is this problem normal for epsxe?

#3 ·
have you gotten rei and teepo to join u already? (it's at the beginning) then you should be able to cast some simple spell already, for example rei's "pilfer" and teepo's "flare". when you cast those do you only hear one name yelled or like me ~3.
I have tried the plugin you suggested and with different setup, but no luck...
This is my first time using epsxe (i've always used VGS), so I am not quite familar with all the setups. If your game plays fine later (when you do get to cast the spells), can you send/post your configuration used for this game.
Thanx.

#4 ·
Originally posted by baka
Using epsxe I always gets a xa sound problem with this game. whenever a character does a spell he will yell out the magic's name (in japanese), using epsxe the character will always say not just one magic but always ~3 at a time Why??
For ex. using Ryu and cast Heal, should only say Relieve, but I always get "Relieve, UpRelieve,...." (can't rem exactly) But he'll say 3 magic names.
Using VGS I have no problem what so ever with this, I'll only get one magic yelled out.
I have tried all different plugins and the results are the same.
Can anyone give me the best plugin setup that will solve and play this games better??? Or is this problem normal for epsxe?
I think there's no way to get the voices correctly on ePSXe. Last time I tested, depending on the plugin I'd get no voices or the problem you described above.

[]s Badaro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.