Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok,I have a toshiba laptop with windows vista and I hate it with a passion.I am a regular everyday user of windows xp on my desktop and I love it never have problems like I do with vista.Anyways I want to put windows xp on this laptop but for some reason it will not allow me too,I install windows xp and everything then during boot I get a blue screen with white writing that is some kind of failure to boot message.Is it at all possible to put windows xp on this machine and if not how do I repair windows vista?? I dont have a vista disk because it did not come with the laptop which I find stupid as hell,what if I have to reformat?? if anyone could help on this matter it would be greatly appreciated thanx.

·
I m meow desu! ^_^
4,454 Posts
There should be a file somewhere on the dvd that come with ur laptop will let u reset the os

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,481 Posts
Toshiba for some reason doesn't include an OS disc. The only option is to call them up and request one to be sent. They charge $15 - $25 I believe. :/

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WIDOWS VISTA SUYCKS LOLOL

Quit whinning. You didn't even say the "problems" you were having with the OS. It's not Vista's fault that your laptop was made to run Vista and not XP.

Anyways, you didn't even tell your laptop model. But here, Google might save you.

installing xp on toshiba laptop - Pesquisa Google
I dont dislike vista cause I cant install xp on this laptop ive used vista it does suck..And I need not explain why it does because most ppl unlike yourself already knows why,this topic was already posted look there and u will see how many prefer xp over vista, vista has multiple problems crashes,errors, compatability etc etc etc

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,481 Posts
Erm, I don't recommend insulting Miretank. He's suggesting that you explain your Vista problems as others may know a fix.

Anyway, when you installed XP, did you format your HDD first or did you try to dual-boot with Vista?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Erm, I don't recommend insulting Miretank. He's suggesting that you explain your Vista problems as others may know a fix.

Anyway, when you installed XP, did you format your HDD first or did you try to dual-boot with Vista?
Im not insulting anyone,but what is the use coming in here trying to argue with me about my opinion?? anyways when I tried to install windows xp I partition the boot drive and installed a fresh copy of windows xp on it,when I went to reboot it failed,Im not sure exactly what the error message was because I tried this some time ago but it would not allow me to boot into windows after the installation.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,481 Posts
How many reboots did the XP setup program perform? Were you able to get to the part where it asks you for your product key and network setup?

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Vista shouldn't be too bad from what I've read since SP1. A lot Vista users have been satisfied with the recent updates. But I digress.

cloud (can't believe you used that name :p) update your BIOS. I had to update my friends BIOS on his Asus G1S to install XP on it. Reason why is because XP doesn't have natively support some hard drive modes, like RAID.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I dont dislike vista cause I cant install xp on this laptop ive used vista it does suck..And I need not explain why it does because most ppl unlike yourself already knows why,this topic was already posted look there and u will see how many prefer xp over vista, vista has multiple problems crashes,errors, compatability etc etc etc
You didn't read my full post, did you?

Check the google link I posted, it has dozen of help articles about your problem. Just like Skore said, you will probably have to update your BIOS and change some of it's settings to get XP running on your laptop (my friend has a Dell Inspiron which came with Vista installed and had to do the mentioned above to get other OSes running).

This is not a Vista vs XP thread. And if it turns into one, I'll lock it right away.

·
Windows 8 Pro
1,148 Posts
For the record, I've been using Vista x64 since the day it went RTM and I have yet to encounter "problems crashes, errors, compatibility etc etc"

Vista runs everything I use, on multiple computers, without a single issue at all whatsoever.

As far as using XP, if you want it, you'll have to find someone selling it with a usable key. Check newegg or whatever your local computer store website is. You'd also need drivers, and some OEMs don't have them for download anymore.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
You need to install a Bios update, to make it support XP.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Whenever I hear someone raging on Vista like this the problem is almost always PEBKAC. People tend to deal Vista an unfair hand. If you installed a driver on XP that made XP unstable you'd blame the driver. If you installed a driver on Vista that made it unstable you'd blame Vista. People just listen to too much buzz about "how awful" Vista is and transfer all their computer problems to being Vista's fault automatically without even investigating the issue.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Whenever I hear someone raging on Vista like this the problem is almost always PEBKAC. People tend to deal Vista an unfair hand. If you installed a driver on XP that made XP unstable you'd blame the driver. If you installed a driver on Vista that made it unstable you'd blame Vista. People just listen to too much buzz about "how awful" Vista is and transfer all their computer problems to being Vista's fault automatically without even investigating the issue.
I'd blame other things too, Vista is a tad touchier about memory ratings and voltages, settings that worked on XP won't necessarily work on Vista.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I'd blame other things too, Vista is a tad touchier about memory ratings and voltages, settings that worked on XP won't necessarily work on Vista.
Your gripes with Vista are more informed and fall into the realm of personal preference. I acknowledge most of the points you make but they really aren't important to me when choosing an OS.

It's just when I hear thing like this, "RAWR! MY COMPUTAR ARE CRASHING! VISTA IS TEH SUX!" then I know it's probably something else going on that has little to nothing to do with Vista itself.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Well, i haven't seen this vista notebook crash, just get very....very........... slow.

might put a T5500 in it, if i can nab one on ebay.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
no, its my sisters, i just use it sometimes.

currently it has a Celeron M 520 (Merom) (SSE, SSE2, SSE3)

i think the T55000 will go right in since they apparently support the i945G chipset.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.