Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Prepare for Descent...
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need some help. I need to open a program up but I can't because when explorer crashed the task bar also disappeared and reappeared and the only Icon left is the volume control. Can I somehow get the program back without closing it with Ctrl+Alt +Del? I tried doubleclicking on the icon again but that just opens up an other window not the one that I need. I"m running windows 98.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Bgnome-

That usually only applies to 9x, but even it can sustain a few, if you know how to restart it..

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
In windows 98 even if one of iexplorer windows is stuck and you try to close it using ctl+alt+del it closes all other open iexplorer windows as well.I think Windows Me is slightly better coz it mostly closes only the window thats stuck(thats why I use it).

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
prafull, I think they're talking about explorer, not Internet Explorer. It really sucks when it crashes. Nothing else works and the only choice is to reboot all over again.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by Zephon
prafull, I think they're talking about explorer, not Internet Explorer. It really sucks when it crashes. Nothing else works and the only choice is to reboot all over again.
Sorry Zephon, I wrote that coz it was the biggest crashing problem I faced in Win 98.As far as Crashing of Explorer goes good old Bgnome's reply was just perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts