Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PS2 (SCPH-50001 model "the old one") with problems on the "Laser Disc Reader"!
I don't have NA (Network Adapter)!
I have a IDE (on the site PS2 Hard Drive Compatibility Chart they aproved it) HDD.

Well, with this scenario I thougth now I can try to revive the old PS2 by using the HD.

My questions:

Need I to buy the NA? (couldn't I just open the case and made something... or something else)
In your opinion what is the best way to made it based on my settings?

·
Your resident reaper...
7,319 Posts
Uhhhh, replacing the laser on the PS2 is pretty much replacing the entire console. You might as well buy one brand new.

The hard drive for the PS2 is pretty useless too, as a few select number of games actually make use of it.

·
Registered
363 Posts
The hard drive for the PS2 is pretty useless too, as a few select number of games actually make use of it.
actually, i think he meant to use HDD with hdloader to play game backup from hdd, not playing games with hdd feature.

@TS.. NA still needed if i'm not mistaken, just google it, there's a lot of tutorial about installing HDD on old model PS2.

or get a new one, you can get new slim ps2 for a low price

·
Level 9998
10,591 Posts
You need the Network Adapter to use the hard drive.

Anyway, you still need to be able to read a disc (bootloader) to use the HDD as a storage for your games. There's no other alternative.

That means... once the laser is gone, the machine is gone. It's nada. You're better off buying a new one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.